Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque7424 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jalan Gertak Merah, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
- Phone: +60-72234935
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Historical Site, Architecture
Overlooking the Straits of Johor and the neighbouring Singapore, the magnificent Sultan Abu Bakar Mosque is one of the most beautiful old mosques in Malaysia. Boasting of Victorian Architecture, the mosque was constructed between the years 1892 and 1900. Commissioned by the ‘Father of Modern Johor’, the late Sultan Abu Bakar, the mosque can accommodate 2,000 worshippers at any given time.
Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque Travel Tips
- Dress modestly.
- Active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- While visiting the mosque, do check out the Johor Zoo which is located nearby.
Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque Hours
- It is recommended to visit between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Please enquire before you visit.
How to Reach Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
- Within walkable distance from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Johor Bahru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Johor Bahru and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Johor Bahru include Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
41.84% of people start their Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque