How to Reach Joshua Tree National Park
The Easiest Way to Reach Joshua Tree National Park
- By Air- The two closest airports to Joshua Tree National Park are the Ontario International Airport and the Palm Springs International Airport. You will have to rent a car from there, because in the park you will have no public transportation options. It’s every man for himself!
- By Train- You can also take the train till Palm Springs which is the nearest Amtrak station.
- By Car- Joshua Tree National Park is around 230 km east of the city of Los Angeles. You can take the Interstate 10 and Hwy 62 to get to the north entrances of the park at Joshua Tree Village or Twentynine Palms city. Conversely, you could also take the Interstate 10 to the south entrance at Cottonwood Spring.
- By Car- As mentioned before, there is no public transport at the park which means that your best option is to rent a car. The main roads through the park are paved and can be accessed by car. There are also some dirt roads that can be accessed by car, however it’s best if your car has a high ground clearance and four-wheel drive before you make any attempts. Check at the ranger stations for road conditions before any dare devilry.
- By Bike- Mountain biking is a great option to sight see. Again, you should check at the ranger stations to devise your route and see which roads and trails to take.
- By Foot- There are many easy-to-follow treks throughout the park and camping is allowed. Some of the hikes may be a bit arduous. Remember to carry lots of water as all water within park limits is reserved for the wildlife. Also carry appropriate camping gear and be prepared for nippy nights.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Joshua Tree National Park and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Joshua Tree National Park
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Joshua Tree National Park. The most preferred mode of transport in Joshua Tree National Park is Car.
Average distance: 48.28 km Average time: 50 min
Car 100%Driving 50 min Overall average time for 48.28 kms 50 min
- How to reach Cities Near Joshua Tree National Park
- How to reach Arrolime
- How to reach Joshua
- How to reach Rainbow
- How to reach Del Sur
- How to reach Valentine
- How to reach Di Giorgio
- How to reach Willow Valley
- How to reach Sloan
- How to reach Crest
- How to reach Brandeis
- How to reach Gadsden
- How to reach Hidden Hills
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Bhavnagar
- How to reach Or Yehuda
- How to reach Tiruvur
- How to reach Chelsea
- How to reach Al Ghardaqah
- How to reach Pittem
- How to reach Dhaka
- How to reach Voorhees
- How to reach Dhanbad
- How to reach Fatehpur