How to Reach Joshua Tree National Park - The Easiest Way to Reach Joshua Tree National Park
- By Air- The two closest airports to Joshua Tree National Park are the Ontario International Airport and the Palm Springs International Airport. You will have to rent a car from there, because in the park you will have no public transportation options. It’s every man for himself!
- By Train- You can also take the train till Palm Springs which is the nearest Amtrak station.
- By Car- Joshua Tree National Park is around 230 km east of the city of Los Angeles. You can take the Interstate 10 and Hwy 62 to get to the north entrances of the park at Joshua Tree Village or Twentynine Palms city. Conversely, you could also take the Interstate 10 to the south entrance at Cottonwood Spring.
- By Car- As mentioned before, there is no public transport at the park which means that your best option is to rent a car. The main roads through the park are paved and can be accessed by car. There are also some dirt roads that can be accessed by car, however it’s best if your car has a high ground clearance and four-wheel drive before you make any attempts. Check at the ranger stations for road conditions before any dare devilry.
- By Bike- Mountain biking is a great option to sight see. Again, you should check at the ranger stations to devise your route and see which roads and trails to take.
- By Foot- There are many easy-to-follow treks throughout the park and camping is allowed. Some of the hikes may be a bit arduous. Remember to carry lots of water as all water within park limits is reserved for the wildlife. Also carry appropriate camping gear and be prepared for nippy nights.
Are you looking for a Joshua Tree National Park travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Joshua Tree National Park from Nearby Cities
|Palm springs to Joshua Tree National Park||71.81 km||1 hour 11 mins|
|Alpine to Joshua Tree National Park||108.95 km||1 hour 48 mins|
|Las vegas to Joshua Tree National Park||137.28 km||2 hours 17 mins|
|San diego to Joshua Tree National Park||150.98 km||2 hours 30 mins|
|Los angeles to Joshua Tree National Park||260.5 km||4 hours 20 mins|
|Manhattan beach to Joshua Tree National Park||278.94 km||4 hours 38 mins|
|Granada hills to Joshua Tree National Park||289.81 km||4 hours 49 mins|
|Phoenix to Joshua Tree National Park||425.36 km||7 hours 5 mins|
|Berkeley to Joshua Tree National Park||739.98 km||12 hours 19 mins|
|San mateo to Joshua Tree National Park||741.02 km||12 hours 21 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Joshua Tree National Park
- How to reach Indio
- How to reach Coachella
- How to reach Rancho Mirage
- How to reach Cathedral City
- How to reach Yucca Valley
- How to reach Bombay Beach