How to Reach Kaikoura - The Easiest Way to Reach Kaikoura
GET IN & AROUND
- Kaikoura Airport is located about 7 kms south of town, but is very small and services mostly charter fights. There is no public transport to and from the airport, but transport from Kaikoura Shuttles can be arranged.
- Many buses run between the various towns in the region, such as InterCity or Southern Link K Bus, and can be found next to the i-SITE Visitors Centre. There are also trains that run between Kaikoura and bigger cities such as Christchurch and Blenheim.
- There is a local shuttle service around the Kaikoura district, called Kaikoura Door to Door Shuttles, as well as a few taxi services, so you can arrange pick-ups and drop-offs to various destinations. Renting a car is favourable as there is not much public transport in this region.
Are you looking for a Kaikoura travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Ask question in category
Simply click on Ask a Question to add question
How to Reach Kaikoura from Nearby Cities
|Picton to Kaikoura||127.65 km||2 hours 7 mins|
|Nelson to Kaikoura||130.98 km||2 hours 10 mins|
|Amberley to Kaikoura||134.49 km||2 hours 14 mins|
|Christchurch to Kaikoura||169.42 km||2 hours 49 mins|
|Wellington to Kaikoura||173.19 km||2 hours 53 mins|
|Porirua (wellington) to Kaikoura||190.28 km||3 hours 10 mins|
|Porirua to Kaikoura||190.34 km||3 hours 10 mins|
|Lincoln to Kaikoura||190.74 km||3 hours 10 mins|
|Timaru to Kaikoura||347.91 km||5 hours 47 mins|
|New plymouth to Kaikoura||372.13 km||6 hours 12 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Kaikoura
- How to reach Nelson
- How to reach Christchurch
- How to reach Wellington
- How to reach Franz Josef Glacier
- How to reach Napier
- How to reach Dunedin