Maori Leap Cave
About Maori Leap Cave, Kaikoura
The Maori Leap Cave in Kaikoura is quite stunning. This cave with its stalactites and stalagmites was discovered some time in the 1950s and has been a huge tourist attraction ever since.
The limestone cave is quite beautiful and has been naturally formed by the sea-waves. You will quite easily be able to find tours that take you into the depths of this lovely natural phenomenon. If you take a tour you will also be able to learn a lot more about the origins and history of the cave.
The experience is quite surreal. The naturally cool, hidden caves have a sense of adventure to them that can only be felt. One thing is for certain, a visit to the cavern is sure to make you feel like good old Indiana Jones to do try this one out.
Maori Leap Cave Information
- Adults- 15 NZD and Children- 6 NZD.
- The place is a bit hidden and hard to find. You can enquire with a local tour operator for information on how to reach it.
Restaurants Near Maori Leap Cave
- Hislops Wholefoods Cafe
- Oceanview Bar and Restaurant (Oaro)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kaikoura before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaikoura and book an accommodation of your choice.
Share your experience - Rate Maori Leap Cave, Kaikoura
- Other Attractions
- Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
- Four Mile Beach
- Daintree Rainforest
- Agincourt Reef
- Sunday Market
- Opal Reef
- Bally Hooley Steam Railway
- St Marys By The Sea
- The Reef Marina
- Flagstaff Hill Lookout
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
- Luxury Hotels Near Four Mile Beach
- Hotels Near Daintree Rainforest
- Budget Hotels Near Agincourt Reef
- Hotels Near Sunday Market
- 5 Star Hotels Near Opal Reef
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Bally Hooley Steam Railway
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near St Marys By The Sea
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near The Reef Marina
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Flagstaff Hill Lookout
- City Tripplans
- Kaikoura Itinerary 5 Days
- Kaikoura Itinerary 3 Days
- Kaikoura Itinerary 7 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Kaikoura from Kaikoura
- Kaikoura Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Kaikoura from Kaikoura
- Kaikoura Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Kaikoura from Kaikoura
- Kaikoura Itinerary 1 Day
- 2 Day Trip to Kaikoura from Kaikoura