The Whaler Bar And Restaurant
About The Whaler Bar And Restaurant, Kaikoura
The Whaler is a very pleasant Bar in Kaikoura. The place is perfect for a night out with friends or your significant other. Delicious fresh beer and lip-smacking sea food too go with it make the highlights of this very popular nocturnal haunt.
They play lovely music and hence you can relax and not worry about the world as you sit here and sip your drink. The food is worth two mentions because it is light and tasty, perfect for a night out on the town. The decor says a lot about the history of this whaling town. As a result the bar is a great place to take in the culture of Kaikoura.
They also have quiz nights and karaoke and several other fun activities to do. The upper floors provide wonderful views of the mountains and the sea, making it a great place to visit even in the afternoons but the real fun starts at night.
The Whaler Bar And Restaurant Opening and Closing Hours
- The restuarant remains open till 3:00 am.
How To Get To The Whaler Bar And Restaurant by Public Transport
- Local Shuttle Service
Restaurants Near The Whaler Bar And Restaurant
- The Strawberry Tree
- Tuti's Restaurant & Bar
- The Whaler Bar and Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kaikoura before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaikoura and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: W End, Kaikoura 7300, New Zealand
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 03:00 pm - 11:59 pm Details
Added 2.7K times in trip plans
Bar, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Entertainment, Leisure, Nightlife
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate The Whaler Bar And Restaurant, Kaikoura
Came in for a break after a long trip. The lovely staff added fried chips for the grandkids. Thank you so much.
Good easy atmosphere.....family welcome and portions generous as well as quick....returning!!
Good service, good food, served quickly. Reasonable prices
Friendly helpful staff great food
Really good porterhouse steak. Good variety of dining or drinking areas. Friendly staff
- Other Attractions
- Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
- Four Mile Beach
- Daintree Rainforest
- Agincourt Reef
- Sunday Market
- Opal Reef
- Bally Hooley Steam Railway
- St Marys By The Sea
- The Reef Marina
- Flagstaff Hill Lookout
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Cheap Hotels Near Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
- Luxury Hotels Near Four Mile Beach
- Luxury Hotels Near Daintree Rainforest
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Agincourt Reef
- Luxury Hotels Near Sunday Market
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Opal Reef
- Cheap Hotels Near Bally Hooley Steam Railway
- Budget Hotels Near St Marys By The Sea
- Luxury Hotels Near The Reef Marina
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Flagstaff Hill Lookout
- City Tripplans
- Kaikoura Itinerary 5 Days
- Kaikoura Itinerary 3 Days
- Kaikoura Itinerary 7 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Kaikoura from Kaikoura
- Kaikoura Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Kaikoura from Kaikoura
- Kaikoura Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Kaikoura from Kaikoura
- Kaikoura Itinerary 1 Day
- 2 Day Trip to Kaikoura from Kaikoura