Whale Watch Kaikoura583 Votes Currently Open
- Address: The Whaleway Station Whaleway Road, Kaikoura 7340, New Zealand Map
- Timings: 06:45 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-33196767
- Ticket Price: 145 NZD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Sport, Nature
Whale Watch Kaikoura gives you the opportunity to get up close and personal with the majestic creatures from the oceans that are a cause of great wonder in humans. The sheer size of these creatures makes one think of just how insignificant one is on the face of this earth.
Whale watching can be done in very few places on the earth and the experience in New Zealand is unparalleled. The Whales roam freely around as you admire their majesty in your boat.
Seeing the whales is certainly a once in a life time experience. The best part is that the Whale watch is a eco-friendly activity. You can be assured that you will not disturb the whales too much thanks to the sustainable nature of the whole operation. It is certainly an amazing experience worth having in Kaikoura.
Whale Watch Kaikoura Travel Tips
- The last tour leaves at 3:30 pm.
- All throughout the year there are fixed tours at 7:15 am, 10:00 am and 12:45 pm irrespective of the season.
- It is better to book the tour online and in advance.
How to Reach Whale Watch Kaikoura
- Kaikoura Train Station
- Sonic Bar & Restaurant
- Maxtons Restaurant
- Hapuku Lodge & Tree Houses
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kaikoura before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaikoura and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Whale Watch Kaikoura Address: The Whaleway Station Whaleway Road, Kaikoura 7340, New Zealand
- Whale Watch Kaikoura Contact Number: +64-33196767
- Whale Watch Kaikoura Timing: 06:45 am - 04:00 pm
- Whale Watch Kaikoura Price: 145 NZD
- Best time to visit Whale Watch Kaikoura(preferred time): 07:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Whale Watch Kaikoura: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
62.42% of people who visit Kaikoura include Whale Watch Kaikoura in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
66.67% of people start their Whale Watch Kaikoura visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Whale Watch Kaikoura
93.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Whale Watch Kaikoura
People normally club together Ohau Waterfall Walk And Stream Walk and Kaikoura Ranges while planning their visit to Whale Watch Kaikoura.
Whale Watch Kaikoura Reviews & Ratings
What time of the year are you more likely to see a whale or whale activity than at other times of the year in Kaikura? I have been out whale watching in Alaska and was very disappointed when we came back in with no whale sighted.Answer Report Abuse
While sperm whales can be seen in Kaikoura year-round, humpback whales can be spotted between June and August since these are migrating whales. So if you wish to see both, the time period between June and August would be ideal.Report Abuse