If you love astronomy, then the Mauna Kea Summit is your dream come true! The perfect place to see meteors, stars and simple take in the beauty from more than 4000 metres!
The summit lies on top of a dormant volcano which is the highest point in Hawaii.
- Observatory for star gazing
- Beautiful volcanic rock terrain
The ride to the summit is as much a learning experience as the summit itself. A must for geology and astrology buffs!
Mauna Kea Summit Travel Tips
- Do book the tour in advance.
- If you are not going through a tour service, then don’t miss the sunset here- a must for every tourist.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mauna Kea Summit
- Call up the centre or visit the official website for admission prices.
How to Reach Mauna Kea Summit
- Shared Taxi
- Cathee’s Kitchen
- Splashers Grill
- Fish Hopper
- Jack in the Box
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kailua-kona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kailua-kona and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.88% of people who visit Kailua-kona include Mauna Kea Summit in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
78.65% of people start their Mauna Kea Summit visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Mauna Kea Summit
61.36% of people prefer walking in order to reach Mauna Kea Summit