Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation712 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 73-1944 Hao St, Kailua Kona, HI 96740, United States, Kailua-kona
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8083456600
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Cafe, Family And Kids
Perfect place for all the Coffee lovers! Mountain Thunder is the largest organic coffee farm in the Country and educates its visitors about the whole process of obtaining coffee – from composting, roasting and bagging!
Visitors can choose between a free tour and a VIP tour. If you are a di hard coffee fan, then a VIP tour – Roast master of the Day is a must! You get a chance to roast the coffee for yourself and take it along as a souvenir!
Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable walking shoes for the Tour.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation
- VIP Tours- VIP ORGANIC KONA COFFEE FARM, MILL, AND ROASTERY DELUXE TOUR - $135 per person, Entry is free for children under five years.
- ROAST MASTER FOR A DAY PRIVATE LESSON - $199 per person, at least 6 people in the group.
- ORGANIC KONA COFFEE FARM AND MILL TOUR - $65 per person; Children under 9 years – Half the price; Children under 5 years of age - FREE
- Lunch at the site is optional – chargeable at $20.
Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Hours
- Tours are conducted every hour, starting from 10 AM. Last tour is at 4 PM.
- VIP Tours are conducted Monday to Friday – 10 AM. Each tour takes about two to three hours.
How to Reach Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation
- It is best to hire a cab.
- Lotus Cafe
- Bite Me Fish Market Bar & Grill
- Hayama Japanese Restaurant
- On the Rocks
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kailua-kona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kailua-kona and book an accommodation of your choice.
67.87% of people who visit Kailua-kona include Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
73.33% of people start their Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation
Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Reviews & Ratings
One of the highlights of our trip. The staff there were all very friendly and helpful. Free tours are very informative about coffee growing and manufacturing. The coffee was great and the quaint atmosphere was relaxing. It’s a must visit if you drink coffee. We also lucked out and had a clear day. Awesome view as well.
So glad we made the drive and took a tour at Mountain Thunder! After the formal tour we took ourselves on the self-guided tour of their garden trail as well. We had a great time and enjoyed the samples while shopping for souvenirs!
A wonderful free packing tour and a self guided nature trail with a beautiful view. We loved the lava tubes carved into the terrain. The store had a wide variety of products. The hospitality was outstanding!
Highly recommended. We went here on a day tour. It is an amazing drive up to the plantation. Our tour guide Sam was extremely knowledgeable and we learned so much about coffee. The facilities are extremely well kept. Of course everything is expensive but we loved every minute of it. Highly recommended!
It was an amazing experience. The guide was very informative and funny. We were offered samples of everything and felt very welcome. They have a free walking tour, and the tours that need to be payed for are reasonable and worth the money.