Mountain Thunder Coffee PlantationCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: 73-1944 Hao St, Kailua Kona, HI 96740, United States, Kailua-kona
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8083456600
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Tour, Cafe, Family And Kids
About Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation, Kailua-kona
Perfect place for all the Coffee lovers! Mountain Thunder is the largest organic coffee farm in the Country and educates its visitors about the whole process of obtaining coffee – from composting, roasting and bagging!
Visitors can choose between a free tour and a VIP tour. If you are a di hard coffee fan, then a VIP tour – Roast master of the Day is a must! You get a chance to roast the coffee for yourself and take it along as a souvenir!
Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Information
- Wear comfortable walking shoes for the Tour.
Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Ticket Prices
- VIP Tours- VIP ORGANIC KONA COFFEE FARM, MILL, AND ROASTERY DELUXE TOUR - $135 per person, Entry is free for children under five years.
- ROAST MASTER FOR A DAY PRIVATE LESSON - $199 per person, at least 6 people in the group.
- ORGANIC KONA COFFEE FARM AND MILL TOUR - $65 per person; Children under 9 years – Half the price; Children under 5 years of age - FREE
- Lunch at the site is optional – chargeable at $20.
Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Opening and Closing Hours
- Tours are conducted every hour, starting from 10 AM. Last tour is at 4 PM.
- VIP Tours are conducted Monday to Friday – 10 AM. Each tour takes about two to three hours.
How To reach Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation by Public Transport
- It is best to hire a cab.
Restaurants Near Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation
- Lotus Cafe
- Bite Me Fish Market Bar & Grill
- Hayama Japanese Restaurant
- On the Rocks
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kailua-kona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kailua-kona and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation
95% of people who visit Kailua-kona include Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
65.76% of people start their Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation
Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Map
Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Trips
3 Views13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Maui, Hilo, Kailua-kona from New YoBy: Guest UserCity: Maui, Hilo, Kailua-kona
11 Views13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Volcano, Hilo, Kailua-kona from HouBy: Guest UserCity: Kailua-kona, Volcano, Hilo
Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation, Kailua-kona Reviews
The free tour was excellent! I've been on several roaster tours and this one was done by the owner. He broke down the process and did an up and close with pea berries vs. That regular stuff. The premium Vienna roast is the most popular and in my opinion the way to go! Well worth the short drive up the volcano
You need to visit this coffee farm for two reasons. First, the free tour you'll get is informative and fun. You'll explore the screening and roasting facilities, and you'll learn a few facts about Kona coffee and coffee in general. Second, you can visit the shop and taste a variety of dripped coffee selections. They also have tea if coffee makes you dance.
Loved coming here for a tour! Great coffee, and there’s a free tour and great products ! Marty was a great tour guide! Must try if you’re able to make a drive
This place is worth the drive. It's well laid out and clean and the knowledgable staff is eager to answer questions. There's plenty of fresh brewed coffee samples in the store of some of the best coffee ever . The short nature walk is pretty Interesting with couple lava tubes that you get to walk over as you make your way to the end.
Really cool. Take the ATV tour. It's 1.5 hours and the guides are super knowledgeable. Plus the coffee is amazing. Totally worth it.
All QuestionsMountain thunder coffee plantation
Find places near Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation, Kailua-kona
Ohi'a Park Estate 73-4671 Kahualani Rd2.728 km away
Nancy's Hideaway Bed & Breakfast 73-1530 Uanani Pl2.168 km away
Sleepy Hollow B & B 73-1530 Apela Pl2.37 km away
- Spring House
- Theatre Plan Llp
- Art In Clay
- The Level Skatepark
- Shoreditch YCN Shop & Library
- Abigails Party
- Mason De WooWoo's
- Rooftop Solutions Limited
- Noel Coward Residence
- Euroscope Television
- Woodfall Park
- Mission Internacional El Shdd
- Tower Of St. Olave Old Jewry
- International Trade & Development Group