Are you looking for what to do in Kailua-kona?
WHAT TO SEE
- Mauna Kea Summit: Whether a stargazer or not, a visit to the Summit of Mauna Kea is a must when in Kailua Kona. Advanced telescopes and nearly perfect observing conditions, with hardly any light pollution, make the whole experience richer and rewarding! Also it makes for a perfect spot to observe oh-so-beautiful sunrises and oh-so-romantic sunsets!
- Green Sand Beach: It is also known as “Papakolea beach” and “Mahana beach”. Reaching one of the most sought after beaches in Hawaii and in United States is a quite a ride and a hike. But once there, the rewards are just breath-taking! The Beach is one of the most beautiful and the views quite impressive. Get the camera rolling!
- Kona Farmers Market: Take a walk along the Market early in the day and you can pick up some of the freshest produce of the fruits and vegetables along with locally made arts and crafts.
- St. Benedict Roman Catholic Church: Also known as “Painted Church” as the interiors of the Church are painted with Bible teachings and various Saints – around a time when not many could read or write and this was considered one of the best ways to impart the lessons.
- Manta Ray Night Dive and Snorkel: Plunge in and earn the bragging rights of taking one of the most unforgettable dive of your life at your Big Island vacation! And don’t lose heart if you can’t dive, there are snorkelling tours available as well! Remember to book your tour in advance to avoid any disappointment.
THAINGS TO DO
- Ali'i Drive: Most visited shopping destination in Kailua Kona, Hawaii – here you will find various shops selling different items from merchandise to local crafts suiting everybody’s budget. It also has a lot of bars and restaurants.
- Kona International Market: An open air mall that focuses on promoting local arts and produce and there’s live entertainment as well.
Pubs & bars
- Huggo's On the Rocks: Head to this Bar for some of the best live entertainment in Town!
- Mask-Querade Bar: A gay paradise in Kailua-Kona!
Below we have a list of things to do in Kailua-kona and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kailua-kona getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kailua-kona with confidence.