Burg HoheneckenCurrently Open
- Address: Burgstrasse 50, 67659 Kaiserslautern, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +490631-3652317
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Castle, Family And Kids, Hill
Dive into history by hiking to the 800 year old castle in Kaiserslautern with an unknown date of construction. The castle has an impressive structure with at the top of a hill exhibiting mesmerizing views of the picturesque city. The castle was blown up by the French in 1689. Hence now we’re only left with the remains of the tower palace, curtain wall, enclosing walls, and few more.
Burg Hohenecken Travel Tips
- Wear proper hiking shoes.
- Take along water to avoid dehydration.
Burg Hohenecken Hours
- To enjoy the spectacular views from the castle visit it during day time.
How to Reach Burg Hohenecken
- By Train: Neuluheim Train Station
- By Bus: Kaiserslautern Rathaus Bus Station
- Kaiserslautern Hbf Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kaiserslautern before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaiserslautern and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kaiserslautern include Burg Hohenecken in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
27.42% of people start their Burg Hohenecken visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Burg Hohenecken
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Burg Hohenecken