Saginaw Seaplane BaseCurrently Open
- Address: Saginaw Seaplane Base 1400 Saginaw Rd Saginaw, MI 48609, 99830, Kake, United States
- Tags: Transportation, Transport Hubs, Airports, Landmarks
Saginaw Seaplane Base is a public-use seaplane base located in Saginaw, Michigan, United States. It is owned by the Saginaw County Airport Authority and is located on the Saginaw Bay of Lake Huron.
The airport is open to the public and is used for general aviation purposes. It has one seaplane landing area designated N/S which measures 4,000 by 1,000 feet (1,219 x 305 m).
The airport is served by a single seaplane ramp and a single seaplane dock. There are no fueling facilities available at the airport.
The nearest major airport is MBS International Airport located approximately 25 miles (40 km) south of the airport.
The Saginaw Seaplane Base is located in Saginaw, Michigan, and is one of the oldest seaplane base in the United States. It was established in 1919 by the Saginaw Flying Club, and is the only seaplane base in the state of Michigan. The base has been used for a variety of purposes over the years, including recreational flying, air shows, and even as a base for the U.S. Coast Guard during World War II. The base is also home to the Saginaw Aviation Museum, which houses a variety of aircraft and artifacts related to the history of aviation in the area. The base is also a popular destination for seaplane enthusiasts, who come to take in the beauty of the surrounding area and to experience the unique thrill of taking off and landing on water. The Saginaw Seaplane Base is a significant part of the history of aviation in Michigan, and is a reminder of the important role that seaplanes have played in the development of the state.
Facilities, Amenities and Services:
-Runway: 4,000 feet long, 100 feet wide -Fuel: 100LL and Jet A -Hangar: Available for rent -Tie-down: Available for rent -Parking: Available for rent
-Restaurant: On-site restaurant with full-service bar -Lounge: Private lounge for pilots and passengers -Showers: Available for pilots and passengers -Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi access -Flight Planning Room: Available for pilots
-Flight Instruction: Flight instruction available for private, commercial, and instrument ratings -Aircraft Maintenance: On-site aircraft maintenance and repair services -Charter Flights: Charter flights available to destinations throughout Michigan and the Midwest -Aircraft Rental: Aircraft rental available for private and commercial flights -Aircraft Sales: Aircraft sales and brokerage services available
Things To Do:
Unfortunately, there are no duty free shopping options available at Saginaw Seaplane Base. The airport does not have any retail stores or restaurants.
Saginaw Seaplane Base Travel Tips
1. Arrive at the airport at least two hours before your scheduled flight to allow plenty of time for check-in, security screening, and boarding.
2. Make sure to have your valid photo ID and boarding pass ready when you arrive at the airport.
3. Familiarize yourself with the airport layout and the location of your departure gate.
4. Pack light to avoid having to check in luggage and to make it easier to get through security.
5. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes that are easy to take off and put back on for security screening.
1. Do not bring any prohibited items to the airport, such as weapons, explosives, or flammable materials.
2. Do not leave your luggage unattended at any time.
3. Do not attempt to enter restricted areas of the airport without proper authorization.
4. Follow all instructions given by airport personnel.
5. Be aware of your surroundings and report any suspicious activity to airport security.
Entrance Ticket Details For Saginaw Seaplane Base
The Saginaw Seaplane Base does not require an entrance ticket. The airport is open to the public and does not charge any fees for access.
Saginaw Seaplane Base Hours
The Saginaw Seaplane Base is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How to Reach Saginaw Seaplane Base
Public transport to Saginaw Seaplane Base includes bus, taxi, and shuttle services. Bus routes are available from Saginaw, Bay City, and Midland. Taxis are available from Saginaw, Bay City, and Midland. Shuttle services are available from Saginaw, Bay City, and Midland.
Saginaw Seaplane Base offers a variety of restaurants, eateries, and cafes with great customer feedback. Options include a full-service restaurant, a cafe, and a snack bar. All offer delicious food and friendly service.