Pink Lake, Kalbarri
About Pink Lake, Kalbarri
Pink Lake, Kalbarri - Address
Address: Port Gregory | 65 Kms South of Kalbarri, Kalbarri, Kalbarri National Park, Western Australia 6535, Australia
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.5K times in trip plans
View Point, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Lake, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Hutt Lagoon which falls on the road between Northampton and Kalbarri is also known as Pink Lake. Quite apt to its name the water there is indeed as pink. The phenomenon happens when a certain type of algae ‘Dunaliella Salina’ bloom and secretes beta carotene which is a food colouring agent. The entire salt lake is about 14kms long and 2kms wide. At dusk the lake and the surrounding looks completely otherworldly when the pinkish hue of the sky and waters merge.
How To reach Pink Lake by Public Transport
- By Car: From Northampton take Port Gregory Road towards Kalbarri. You’ll come across it on your left.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kalbarri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kalbarri and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pink Lake, Kalbarri Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Kalbarri Airport
- Kalbarri National Park Coastal Cliffs
- Kalbarri Palm Resort
- Kalbarri Family Entertainment Centre
- Murchison River
- Kalbarri Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kalbarri
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kalbarri
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kalbarri
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kalbarri
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kalbarri
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kalbarri