How to Reach Kalimpong
- Kalimpong does not have an airport of its own yet, though, it is well connected to quite a few nearby cities with airports.
- The nearest airways to Kalimpong is at Bagdogra near Siliguri. It is an important domestic airport, which is connected to quite a few major cities of the country.
Kalimpong does not have a railway station of its own yet, but there are quite a few nearby railheads.
- The nearest railway station to Kalimpong is at New Jalpaiguri, which is again connected to most major cities of the country.
- The other closest railhead is at Dhupguri. Its at a distance of approximately 75 kilometers from Kalimpong.
- The other most toured and frequented railway station is Aluabari Road at a distance of 100 kilometers from Kalimpong.
- Siliguri is said to be the gateway to reach Kalimpong through roadways, in particular buses. Buses are available from Tenzing Norgay Bus Terminal located at Siliguri.
- The Rangpur Bus Station in Bangladesh also provides regular bus services to Kalimpong.
- There’s the availability of private taxis and shared jeeps from NJP station and Siliguri.
- From Darjeeling both shared and private jeeps are available at the stands.
Being a small town, getting around Kalimpong for a trip of a day or two would be more feasible with an independent vehicle. Here’s a list of options one can take to get around the city.
By Local Bus
- The local bus stops are quite segregated, with only a couple of major bus stops segregated throughout the city. If you wish to go on a crawl of the city in a day, the bus services might slow you down.
By Cab/ Taxi
- There’s for hire and prepaid cab and taxi services available throughout the city.
Car Rental Services
- There’s quite a few travel agencies providing car rental services at affordable prices on hourly basis. It is the best means to commute, when on a quick drive.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kalimpong. The most preferred mode of transport in Kalimpong is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 8 km Average time: 15 min
Bus/Trolleybus 100%Bus 15 min Overall average time for 8 kms 15 min