How to Reach Kalimpong - The Easiest Way to Reach Kalimpong
- Kalimpong does not have an airport of its own yet, though, it is well connected to quite a few nearby cities with airports.
- The nearest airways to Kalimpong is at Bagdogra near Siliguri. It is an important domestic airport, which is connected to quite a few major cities of the country.
Kalimpong does not have a railway station of its own yet, but there are quite a few nearby railheads.
- The nearest railway station to Kalimpong is at New Jalpaiguri, which is again connected to most major cities of the country.
- The other closest railhead is at Dhupguri. Its at a distance of approximately 75 kilometers from Kalimpong.
- The other most toured and frequented railway station is Aluabari Road at a distance of 100 kilometers from Kalimpong.
- Siliguri is said to be the gateway to reach Kalimpong through roadways, in particular buses. Buses are available from Tenzing Norgay Bus Terminal located at Siliguri.
- The Rangpur Bus Station in Bangladesh also provides regular bus services to Kalimpong.
- There’s the availability of private taxis and shared jeeps from NJP station and Siliguri.
- From Darjeeling both shared and private jeeps are available at the stands.
Being a small town, getting around Kalimpong for a trip of a day or two would be more feasible with an independent vehicle. Here’s a list of options one can take to get around the city.
By Local Bus
- The local bus stops are quite segregated, with only a couple of major bus stops segregated throughout the city. If you wish to go on a crawl of the city in a day, the bus services might slow you down.
By Cab/ Taxi
- There’s for hire and prepaid cab and taxi services available throughout the city.
Car Rental Services
- There’s quite a few travel agencies providing car rental services at affordable prices on hourly basis. It is the best means to commute, when on a quick drive.
Are you looking for a Kalimpong travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Kalimpong
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kalimpong. The most preferred mode of transport in Kalimpong is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 8 km Average time: 15 min
Bus/Trolleybus 100%Bus 15 min Overall average time for 8 kms 15 min
How to Reach Kalimpong from Nearby Cities
|Siliguri to Kalimpong||5.7 km||5 mins|
|Kolkata to Kalimpong||18.67 km||18 mins|
|Darjeeling to Kalimpong||23.84 km||23 mins|
|Guwahati to Kalimpong||362.18 km||6 hours 2 mins|
|Hyderabad to Kalimpong||1114.77 km||18 hours 34 mins|
|Bangalore to Kalimpong||1216.27 km||20 hours 16 mins|
|New delhi to Kalimpong||1250.31 km||20 hours 50 mins|
|Amritsar to Kalimpong||1512.29 km||25 hours 12 mins|
|Velha goa to Kalimpong||1622.09 km||27 hours 2 mins|
|Mumbai to Kalimpong||1735.44 km||28 hours 55 mins|