Lepcha Heritage Museum, Kalimpong
Lepcha Heritage Museum, Kalimpong - Address, Phone Number
Address: Shahid Dal Bahadur Giri Rd, Strawberry, Kalimpong, West Bengal 734316, India
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 13.7K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Lepcha Heritage Museum, Kalimpong
This is a heavenly place for anyone who wishes to know more about the Lepcha heritage and culture. The entire area of Darjeeling and Sikkim is known as the “Land of Lepchas”. It represents the amazing community and vividly showcases its rich culture, language and heritage. There’s various articles of worship, Lepcha music instruments and many such heritage showpieces splendidly at display here. There’s manuscripts and other articles of worship at display here too. A guide explains the Lepcha creation myths to you, while you can look upon exquisite items there.
Lepcha Heritage Museum Information
- All the relics are showcased for display. Be careful not to distort or tamper with them.
- Locker and Storage facilities are available here.
- Decent washroom facilities are available.
- Camera and videos are allowed.
- Pets are not allowed.
Lepcha Heritage Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- It’s preferable to call ahead of visiting.
How To reach Lepcha Heritage Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus: Tista Bazar Bus Stop is the nearest bus station to this place.
- It’s a 10 minute walk downhill, below the sports ground.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kalimpong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kalimpong and book an accommodation of your choice.