St. Theresa Catholic ChurchCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Kalimpong Khasmahal, Kalimpong, West Bengal 734301, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This is the region’s largest Roman Catholic Church and is less than three kilometers north east of Kalimpong town square. The unique aspect of this church is that it was built in the Buddhist Gompa style of architecture. The inner carvings of this place is laced with biblical depictions of Biblical scenes. Another interesting feature is that the carvings inside actually look like Buddhist Monks. This place aptly, beautifully and vividly represents the Buddhist influence on the church. Some of the people who constructed it were Tibetans. This place perfectly and aptly showcases the coming together of the two faiths. The positioning of the church is such that it overlooks the snow-capped beauty of the Himalayas. A line of devotees and tourists are thronged at the place all day, to offer prayers and services. This church also attracts people who are interested in Gothic and Tibetan architecture.
- Photography is allowed.
- Pets are not allowed.
- It is expected of people to maintain the decorum and sanctity of the place.
- The place stays open on all days of the week, including weekends and public holidays in the same timeframe.
- Timings during the Tibetan festivals may vary.
- By Bus: Tista Bazar Bus Stop and Kalimpong Bus Station is the nearest bus station to this church.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kalimpong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kalimpong and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kalimpong include St. Theresa Catholic Church in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
29.33% of people start their St. Theresa Catholic Church visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see St. Theresa Catholic Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Theresa Catholic Church
Nice interior. There's a pipe organ.