Tongsa GumbaCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Lower Gumba Hatta, Rajadhara, Kalimpong, West Bengal 734316, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery
Tongsa Gumba - Review
Hailed as the oldest Bhutanese Monastery in the area, it was built in the 16th century. The old monastery was destroyed and a new building was constructed in its place. Tourists are allowed to attend the prayer services that are carried out by the monks. Usually the monasteries have 108 drums, but this one has 219 drums, which is highly unusual. The top floor has new colorful fresco paintings but the ground floor ones are fading away. This place offers a very peaceful environment for prayers and meditation, wherein the monks offer their prayers everyday.
Tongsa Gumba Information
- You may not want to visit this place in the rainy season as exploring the outdoors would not be feasible then.
- Wearing of shoes and footwear is allowed inside.
- Food is available for purchase.
Tongsa Gumba Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Tongsa Gumba Opening and Closing Hours
- The place stays open on all days of the week, including weekends and public holidays in the same timeframe.
- Timings during the Tibetan festivals may vary.
How To reach Tongsa Gumba by Public Transport
- By Bus: Teesta Bazar Bus Stop and Kalimpong Bus Station is the nearest bus stand to this place.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kalimpong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kalimpong and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tongsa Gumba
34.81% of people who visit Kalimpong include Tongsa Gumba in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
58.18% of people start their Tongsa Gumba visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Tongsa Gumba
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tongsa Gumba
Tongsa Gumba Map
Tongsa Gumba Trips
Tongsa Gumba, Kalimpong Reviews
It's a very peaceful place
Good to visit..
Nice place to visit
All QuestionsTongsa gumba
- Estudio De Arte Moreno
- Polideportivo Muncipal De Santa Fe
- Casa De La Cultura
- Biblioteca Municipal De Santa Fe
- Mantas Moreno Manuel
- Al - Ándalus Carpas
- Producciones Maza
- Instituto De América - Centro Damián Bayón
- La Sanguijuela
- Santa María De Gracia
- Museo Municipal De Espera
- Ayuntamiento De Espera
- Ganaderia De Piñeiro
- Astilleros Gondan
- Camping Playa De Penarronda