Zang Dhok Palri Monastery, Kalimpong
About Zang Dhok Palri Monastery, Kalimpong
Zang Dhok Palri Monastery, Kalimpong - Address
Address: East Main Road, Chandraloke, Kalimpong, West Bengal 734301
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 17.8K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Perched at the top of Durpin Hills, this is a beautiful monastery consecrated in its entirety by His Holiness Dalai Lama himself. Renowned as Durpin Monastery, it stands tall as a true specimen of Buddhist architectural style. There’s a row of prayer wheels on the outside of the wall of the monastery. The stairway leads upstairs, where you can see stunning views of rolling tea gardens as well as stunning views of Teesta river.
- There’s beautiful and exquisite Tibetan paintings on its wall.
- The meditation hall has stunning Mandalas which look three dimensional in appearance to woo you and calm you down.
- Durpin Monastery holds religious significance due to the presence of the sacred Kangyur.
"The Kangyur" was carried by Dalai Lama Himself when he was in exile. It’s a mystical account consisting of 108 volumes. The gompa is famous for its prayer hall wherein one can delve in the peace and calm. Devotees and tourist alike flock the monastery during Tibetan festivals.
Zang Dhok Palri Monastery Information
- You may not want to visit this place in the rainy season as exploring the outdoors would not be feasible then.
- Photography is allowed.
- Wearing of shoes and footwear is allowed inside.
- Food is available for purchase.
Zang Dhok Palri Monastery Opening and Closing Hours
- The place stays open on all days of the week, including weekends and public holidays in the same timeframe.
- Timings during the Tibetan festivals may vary.
How To reach Zang Dhok Palri Monastery by Public Transport
- By Bus: Kalimpong Bus Station and Teesta Bus Stop are the nearby bus stations.
- By Car: Regular share car services are available.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kalimpong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kalimpong and book an accommodation of your choice.
Zang Dhok Palri Monastery, Kalimpong Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful and spacious monastery.here Buddha statue is looking different. Area is peaceful
Such a beautiful place for travellers. One of the best monastery in kalimpong.
A pretty good monastery at top of durpin hill.
Definitely greeat place for tourist and local people. Great all around view from here. Most stunning cloud and mountain view. I couldn't stop my eyes when i was in there. Oof best place in kalimpong area. Must visit this place otherwise you will miss great place. Love it
Great place with a peaceful atmosphere and breathtaking view.
- Nearby Attractions
- Bhutan House
- Pedong Valley Resort
- Kalimpong Roman Catholic Church
- Kalimpong Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kalimpong
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kalimpong
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kalimpong
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kalimpong
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kalimpong
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kalimpong