How to Reach Kaliningrad
HOW TO GET TO KALININGRAD
- By Air: The nearest airport to the city is Kaliningrad Hrabrovo Airport, which is located 16 kilometers from Kaliningrad. You can get a regular bus (144) that runs every hour from the terminal to various stops in the city centre. You can also hire a taxi from the airport. This airport is connected to other popular Russian and international cities such as St. Petersburg,Moscow, Copenhagen etc.
- By Train: The main railway station in Kaliningrad is “Kaliningrad-Yuzniy” which offers long distance and domestic trains. It’s located quite near the center of the city.
- By Bus: Kaliningrad has regular bus connections with the cities of Lithuania, Poland, Latvia, Germany, Danmark, Netherlands, Belarus and Ukraine.
- By Ferry: Kaliningrad is connected to the rest of Russia and Europe through two ferry routes: “Gdynia-Baltic-Gdynia” and “Baltiisk - Ust-Luga”.
HOW TO GET AROUND KALININGRAD
- By Public Transport: The easiest way to roam around the city is wither through bus or tram. Another option is minibuses, which are an easy and inexpensive way to travel for groups.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kaliningrad. The most preferred mode of transport in Kaliningrad is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 6.58 km Average time: 38.17 min
Bus/Trolleybus 25%Bus 30 min Waiting 13.5 min Walking 3.5 min Overall average time for 7.25 kms 47 min
Car 25%Driving 22.5 min Overall average time for 8.5 kms 22.5 min
Walking 25%Walking 45 min Overall average time for 4 kms 45 min
|Gdansk to Kaliningrad||205.54 km||3 hours 25 mins|
|Jonava to Kaliningrad||425.57 km||7 hours 5 mins|
|Riga to Kaliningrad||464.83 km||7 hours 44 mins|
|Krakow to Kaliningrad||488.84 km||8 hours 8 mins|
|Vilnius to Kaliningrad||535.13 km||8 hours 55 mins|
|Stockholm to Kaliningrad||552.74 km||9 hours 12 mins|
|Stará Ľubovňa to Kaliningrad||563.34 km||9 hours 23 mins|
|Police nad metují to Kaliningrad||644.53 km||10 hours 44 mins|
|Helsinki to Kaliningrad||748.85 km||12 hours 28 mins|
|Bratislava to Kaliningrad||784.7 km||13 hours 4 mins|