Dom SovietovCurrently Open
- Address: Tsentralnaya pl, Kaliningrad , Russia Map
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids, Tower
Popularly known as “our monstor” or “the buried robot”, this building is termed as an anti attraction as it has not been able to be occupied ever since its erection. This building was built as a symbol of Soviet power on the ruins of the Prussian castle. It was planned as a 28-storey building consisting of two tall rectangular towers, lined with embossed panels and a two-level covered walkway between them. The project was however halted when it was already 95% complete in 1985. After the demise of the Soviet Union, the complex was to be converted into a business center. Financing issues and criminal charges against the proprietors led to a new standstill. Today, the building is still empty.
Dom Sovietov Hours
- Please enquire before you visit.
How to Reach Dom Sovietov
- Nearest bus station: Mezhdunarodnyy Avtovokzal Kaliningrad
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kaliningrad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaliningrad and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Dom Sovietov Address: Tsentralnaya pl, Kaliningrad , Russia
- Time required to visit Dom Sovietov: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.06% of people who visit Kaliningrad include Dom Sovietov in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
66.67% of people start their Dom Sovietov visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Dom Sovietov
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dom Sovietov
People normally club together The Kaliningrad Regional Philharmonic Hall and Gmina Miłki while planning their visit to Dom Sovietov.