Immanuel Kant's Grave9 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kanta Ulitsa , near Cathedral, Kaliningrad,Russia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Cemetery, Family And Kids, Tomb
Immanuel Kant, the renowned German philosopher had lived most of his life in Kaliningrad. He had also studied at the University of Kaliningrad before becoming a Rector. The city preserves his remains in the form of the tomb. His tomb has been scriptures as the"Sage of Königsberg", and rests in a mausoleum adjoining the northeast corner of the cathedral. The mausoleum was constructed by the architect Friedrich Lahrs and was finished in 1924 in time for the bicentenary of Kant's birth. Originally, Kant was buried inside the cathedral, but in 1880 his remains were moved outside and placed in a neo-Gothic chapel adjoining the northeast corner of the cathedral.
How to Reach Immanuel Kant's Grave
- Nearest Train station: Kaliningrad South Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kaliningrad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaliningrad and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Immanuel Kant's Grave Address: Kanta Ulitsa , near Cathedral, Kaliningrad,Russia
- Immanuel Kant's Grave Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Immanuel Kant's Grave(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Immanuel Kant's Grave: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
3.17% of people who visit Kaliningrad include Immanuel Kant's Grave in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
50% of people start their Immanuel Kant's Grave visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Immanuel Kant's Grave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Immanuel Kant's Grave
People normally club together Fishing Village and Jubilee Footbridge while planning their visit to Immanuel Kant's Grave.