Kaliningrad Amber Museum, Kaliningrad
Kaliningrad Amber Museum, Kaliningrad - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Pl. Marshala Vasilevskogo, 1, Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia
Ticket Price: 200 RUB
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 692 times in trip plans
Art Museum, Museum, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Kaliningrad Amber Museum, Kaliningrad
Amber museum is dedicated to the art and artifacts created with the help of Amber, the mineral. It preserves the varied natural and scientific collection of the precious stone Amber along with plant and animal inclusions. The museum is situated in the center of Kaliningrad in a fort named after Prussian field Marshal Frederich Dohn. It is a two storied building built in Gothic style. Inside the museum, the visitors can see exhibits on:
- The origin and properties of Amber
- Amber in antiquity and the middle ages
- Amber in the 17th and 18th century art
- The Kaliningrad Amber factory
- Amber in contemporary art
Kaliningrad Amber Museum Information
- Audio-guides are available for rent at the museum's ticket office. Texts are in four languages – Russian, English, German, and Polish.
Kaliningrad Amber Museum Ticket Prices
- Students : 100 RUB
- Schoolchildren : 80 RUB
- Family ticket for parents with children of school and preschool age : 380 RUB.
- Every last Wednesday of the month is a day of concessional attendance for persons, who's reached retirement. In this case admission fee is 20 RUB.
- Last Sunday : Day of free admission for students and persons under the age of 18.
How To reach Kaliningrad Amber Museum by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus station: Mezhdunarodnyy Avtovokzal Kaliningrad
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kaliningrad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaliningrad and book an accommodation of your choice.