Sackheim Gate6 Votes Currently Open
- Address: cnr pr Moscovsky & Litovsky Val, Kaliningrad, Russia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Family And Kids
The Sackheim Gate is one of seven surviving city gates in Kaliningrad. Located at the intersection of Moscow Avenue and Lithuanian Wall Street, this gate is named after the Sackheim district. After World War II, the gate was used as a warehouse, which it remained until 2006. With the restoration of this gate in 2006, the gate is today used by the Centre of Standardisation and Metrology, a Russian federal government agency. It accommodates laboratories and a small museum. As for the architecture of this gate, it has one passageway with arches at both ends of it. The city side of the gate is decorated with reliefs of Ludwig Yorck von Wartenburg and Friedrich Wilhelm von Bülow. The other side of the gate has the image of a black eagle, reminding the Order of the Black Eagle, which was the highest award of Prussia.
How to Reach Sackheim Gate
- Nearest bus stop: Mezhdunarodnyy Avtovokzal Kaliningrad
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kaliningrad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaliningrad and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Sackheim Gate Address: cnr pr Moscovsky & Litovsky Val, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Sackheim Gate Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Sackheim Gate(preferred time): 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Sackheim Gate: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.11% of people who visit Kaliningrad include Sackheim Gate in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
66.67% of people start their Sackheim Gate visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sackheim Gate
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sackheim Gate
People normally club together Immanuel Kant's Grave and Fishing Village while planning their visit to Sackheim Gate.