World Ocean MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Peter the Great emb. 1, Kaliningrad, Russia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +7-4012531744
- Ticket Price: 350 RUB
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, Educational Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
World Ocean Museum - Review
World Ocean museum is the central maritime museum of the Russian Federation. The main exhibit of the museum is the legendary scientific-research vessel VITYAZ that, under the flag of USSR Academy of Sciences, made 65 expeditions in the World Ocean (1949-1979) and was moored for good near the museum on July 12th, 1994. Dedicated to the history of exploration and development of the World Ocean, the museum is housed in a unique structure of a historical fleet. You can observe the following vessels moored near the museum: “Vityaz”, the largest research ship-museum in the world; the only post-war museum submarine afloat in Russia; the unique functioning ship of space communication “Cosmonaut Viktor Patsaev” with a museum exposition aboard; the only mid-sized fishing trawler-museum in Russia “SRT-129”.
The main fields of the museum’s activities include research, acquisitions, exhibition, cultural, educational, publishing and information work.
World Ocean Museum Information
- Ticket house is open only till 4 pm.
- Inside the museum, there are paid guided tours as well- costing around 130 Rubles per person.
World Ocean Museum Ticket Prices
- A Single ticket includes 4 museum objects: The research vessel Vityaz, the submarine, Maritime Koenigsberg-Kaliningrad, and the Main building.
- Pupils, pensioners and students: 200 Rub
- Children: 3-6 yrs old
- Children under 3 years: Free entry
How To reach World Ocean Museum by Public Transport
- Bus no A37, 77, 49, 87
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kaliningrad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kaliningrad and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting World Ocean Museum
95% of people who visit Kaliningrad include World Ocean Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
52.1% of people start their World Ocean Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see World Ocean Museum
93.61% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting World Ocean Museum