Kenrokuen GardenCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 1 Kenroku Machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture 920-0936, Japan, Kanazawa-shi
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-02343800
- Ticket Price: 310 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids
Kenrokuen Garden - Review
Spaciouness, artifice, antiquit, these are some words, through which people from Kanazawa describe Kenrokuen Garden. One of the most beautiful feudal gardens in Japan, the Kenrokuen Garden is known for the artificial ponds, well maintained hills and perfectly placed houses. Built across 11.4 hectares, the Kenrokuen Garden is one of the prime tourist destination for the locals as well as tourists. If you want to embrace nature in the truest possible way, then Kenrokuen Garden will offer you just that. Some great pictures and a gala time is definitely assured, if you visit Kenrokuen Garden during your trip to Kanazawa.
Kenrokuen Garden Information
- Don’t litter around and keep the surroundings clean.
- It is advisable to reach here before it gets late. Or less the garden can be overcrowded.
- ID is required for the people having age of or above 65 years for the free entry.
Kenrokuen Garden Ticket Prices
- 6 to 18 years old: 100 Yen
- 19 to 64 years old: 310 Yen
- 65 or above: Free (ID Required)
Kenrokuen Garden Opening and Closing Hours
- Open all 365 days of the year.
How To reach Kenrokuen Garden by Public Transport
- Nearest Buses from Japan: 920-0935 Ishikawa-ken, Kanazawa-shi, Ishibiki, 4 Chome−3, Hired taxis.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kanazawa-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kanazawa-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kenrokuen Garden
95% of people who visit Kanazawa-shi include Kenrokuen Garden in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
76.68% of people start their Kenrokuen Garden visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kenrokuen Garden
59.61% of people prefer walking in order to reach Kenrokuen Garden
Kenrokuen Garden Map
Kenrokuen Garden Trips
Kenrokuen Garden, Kanazawa-shi Reviews
As one of the Three Great Gardens of Japan, it's obviously worth a stop, or really a special trip to Kanazawa in general if Japanese gardens are your jam. There are numerous pathways, large and small, meandering throughout, with thousands of unique vantage points to view the gardens. It really is spectacular. Though many, many exemplary gardens obviously exist in Japan, there are few that show on such a grand scale. If nothing else, come see and contemplate the work that went into sculpting so many truly ancient trees, by generations of dedicated gardeners, for hundreds of years. It's really remarkable.
This park is larger than I thought it would be. The weather had been hot, and the grass was looking a little worse for wear, but the surroundings were still lovely, and well worth a visit. Once you have paid to enter the park you can leave again, get a stamp, and re-enter later in the day if you wish to. It was a holiday when we were there, so there were lots of people. Even so, we found solitude in some areas, and space for contemplation. I would definitely recommend a visit - set aside at least three hours if you want to really experience it - more time if you can spare it.
Excellent garden. Plenty of variety and an enjoyable walk around. We got there early and there were still big crowds so did the palace first which was a good move. The crowds had dissipated a bit by the time we returned and really they thin out the deeper you go in. Can't really complain too much as I was one if the tourists.
Best garden in Japan IMO. During Cherry blossom the park is open and beautifully decorated all along. We enjoyed stroll around their place for about 1.5 hours and every place is fascinating and postcard by it's own. Take some snacks and relaxed in one of the areas. Definitely recommended and hopefully we can get back here again
This Japanese garden is full of green visitations and water features.we came at the raining season, so the garden is not over crowed. It is quite different than the UK garden as it is much more manicured. However, a lot of sections (especially bridges) are for shows rather than walk across. It is centrally quite unique from what you would see in the West.
All QuestionsKenrokuen garden
- Ishikawa Prefectural Museum For Traditional Products And Crafts
- Ishikawa Prefectural Art Museum
- Ishikawa Prefectural History Museum
- Kanazawa Noh Museum
- Nakamura Memorial Museum
- Kanazawa Umimirai Library
- Kanazawa Castle Park
- Mount Utatsu
- Ohi Pottery Museum
- Kanazawa Yasue Gold Leaf Museum
- Kanazawa Port Ono Karakuri Museum
- Bahnhof Drosendorf
- Gertrude Kirrer
- Baha'i Religionsgemeinschaft Mödling
- Neuberger Peter U Elisabeth - Weingut
- Kunsthandel Hannes Weiss
- Galerie Im Ersten Stock - Kunst Im Raum
- Stadttheater Mödling
- Puppen- U Spielzeug-Museum-Mödling
- Mödlinger TC
- Nicolas - Eine Art Galerie
- Schulbücherei D. BG Mödling