Shima120 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1 Chome-13-21 Higashiyama, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa-ken 920-0831, Japan Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-762525675
- Ticket Price: 500 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Cafe, Family And Kids, Courtyard
Want to give a royal touch to your Kanazawa trip? Want to soak in the old world charm? Then, how about visiting one of the most popular teahouses in Kanazawa. Once a home to the Maeda family, the Shima Teahouse is open for public who want to get back in time and explore the Japanese culture and tradition, more closely. The two storeyed building will take you back in the 1800s and the iconic Shima tea will add the much needed royal tinge. You can take strolls through the courtyard, click pictures or just relax at the reception. There is just so much to do here.
Shima Travel Tips
- Each house is privately owned by people here. Hence, don’t disturb their daily life.
Entrance Ticket Details For Shima
- Adults : 500 Yen
- Children ( under 16 ) : 300 Yen
How to Reach Shima
- Buses from Hashiba Town bus station, hired taxis.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kanazawa-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kanazawa-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Shima Address: 1 Chome-13-21 Higashiyama, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa-ken 920-0831, Japan
- Shima Contact Number: +81-762525675
- Shima Timing: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Shima Price: 500 JPY
- Best time to visit Shima(preferred time): 10:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Shima: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
13.39% of people who visit Kanazawa-shi include Shima in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
34.21% of people start their Shima visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Shima
88.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shima
People normally club together Kanazawa Phonograph Museum and Tsuzumi Gate And Motenashi Dome while planning their visit to Shima.