How to Reach Kanchanaburi
The Easiest Way to Reach Kanchanaburi
- By Air: There is no airport at Kanchanaburi. So, you have to fly down to Bangkok and reach the town by train, bus or car.
- By Train: Frequent trains are available from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi and usually have third class seating. The journey takes about three hours.
- By Bus: Several buses are operated every day from places like Bangkok, Nankhon Pathom, Sangkhlaburi and Pattaya. These buses can be air-conditioned or standard services. It is always better to book tickets one day in advance to avoid any hassle.
- By Minivan: Minivans run from BTS Victory Monument in Bangkok to Kanchanaburi with a fare of 120-130 baht.
- By Minibus: A number of AC and standard minibuses are available to and from Kanchanaburi to several destinations in Thailand
- By Limousine Taxi: You can reach Kanchanaburi from the Bangkok airport by hiring a Japanese sedan at 3000-3500 Baht.
- By Car: Kanchanaburi can be accessed by highway 4 and 323 from Bangkok.
- By Songthaews: Several songthaews run across the town from morning to evening, and can get you to the bus and train stations at a standard price of 10 baht.
- By Tuk-Tuk: You can hire a tuk-tuk to take you to different places to see in the city.
- By Motorbike: You can rent a motorbike at a few rental stations and explore the region.
- By Bicycles: Some hotels and guest houses give bicycles on rent. They also provide tourist information and supply maps if asked.