Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Kanchanaburi - Address, Phone Number
Address: Saeng Chuto Road, Kanchanaburi, Thailand
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 16.5K times in trip plans
History Museum, War Memorial, Cemetery, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Kanchanaburi
This is the main Prisoner of War cemetery in Thailand. It is associated with the victims of the Burma Railway. There are close to 7000 former POWs buried here. The cemetery is very well maintained. You will observe as you walk among the tombstones that most of the dead soldiers were very young, mostly in their early 20’s. There are two graves that are full of ashes of about 300 soldiers. The experience is quite harrowing. The tranquil ambience helps you to reflect on the wrongs that were done.
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery Information
- You can request for the cemetery register if you are looking for a particular grave
- To give some context to your visit, read up on the victims of the Thai-Burma Railway line.
- Wheelchair access is possible.
How To reach Kanchanaburi War Cemetery by Public Transport
- The Kanchanaburi Railway Station is just 10 minutes away (walking).
- Ask the locals for directions.
- Hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kanchanaburi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kanchanaburi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery Sightseeing Tours
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Kanchanaburi Reviews
- Attractions on TripHobo
- Somerset House Ice Rink
- The Rajdoot
- Chilli Chutney Waterloo | European - Indian Restaurant Near London Eye | Halal Food
- Eastern Washington University
- Whitecross Market
- Starbucks Coffee Greenwich - Sainsbury's
- The Coal Hole
- Bat Sculpture By Dale Whistler
- Winding Wheel
- 9a Grosvenor Square