Kanchanaburi War CemeteryCurrently Open
- Address: Saeng Chuto Road, Kanchanaburi, Thailand
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +66-34520335
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, War Memorial, Cemetery, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
This is the main Prisoner of War cemetery in Thailand. It is associated with the victims of the Burma Railway. There are close to 7000 former POWs buried here. The cemetery is very well maintained. You will observe as you walk among the tombstones that most of the dead soldiers were very young, mostly in their early 20’s. There are two graves that are full of ashes of about 300 soldiers. The experience is quite harrowing. The tranquil ambience helps you to reflect on the wrongs that were done.
- You can request for the cemetery register if you are looking for a particular grave
- To give some context to your visit, read up on the victims of the Thai-Burma Railway line.
- Wheelchair access is possible.
- The Kanchanaburi Railway Station is just 10 minutes away (walking).
- Ask the locals for directions.
- Hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kanchanaburi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kanchanaburi and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kanchanaburi include Kanchanaburi War Cemetery in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
48.24% of people start their Kanchanaburi War Cemetery visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
91.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kanchanaburi War Cemetery