Thai-burma Railway2718 Votes Currently Open
- Address: The Riverside, Kanchanaburi, Thailand
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Bridge, Picnic Spot, Train Ride
This is a historic railway line that starts from Ban Pong, Thailand and ends at Thanbyuzayat, Burma. The Japanese Army had this line built during the Second World War. The railway line has a very disturbing past. The workers used for its construction were actually Prisoners of War and Asian Slaves. The work environment was harsh and the terrain was difficult. About 90,000 people died building this line. The Railway line is 415 kilometres in length. Highlights include:
- The Bridge on the River Kwai
- The Hellfire Pass
- The Wang Po Viaduct
- The Caves
- The Train ride
Thai-burma Railway Travel Tips
- The trains are old. There are ants in them.
- Carry water bottles with you.
- Read on the railway line to give a context to your visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Thai-burma Railway
- The Train Ride : THB 100
How to Reach Thai-burma Railway
- Hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kanchanaburi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kanchanaburi and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kanchanaburi include Thai-burma Railway in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
52.23% of people start their Thai-burma Railway visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Thai-burma Railway
94% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thai-burma Railway
Thai-burma Railway Reviews & Ratings
1) Do we board the train at Kanchanaburi - is there a railway station there ? 2) How far does the train travel into Burma ?Answer Report Abuse
Yes, you can board the train at Kanchanaburi. Not much is known about how far it travels into Burma. You will have to ask at the railway station before boarding the train.Report Abuse