The Thailand-burma Railway Centre1706 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 73 Jaokannun Road, BanNua, Amphoe Muang, Kanchanaburi 71000, Thailand
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-34512721
- Ticket Price: 120 THB
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, History Museums, Coffee House, Picnic Spot
This is an interactive museum. It is dedicated to the maltreated victims of the Thailand-Burma Railway line. There are various sections in the museum that have been chronologically arranged to narrate the story of the Death Railway. The multi-lingual information panels are very detailed. You will feel that you have been transported back in time and you will feel harrowed. The museum spans the history in the most detailed fashion, starting from the planning process of the railway line to its status in the epilogue of war. Highlights include:
- Plans and designs engineered by the Japanese Army.
- Tools used by the manual labour.
- A 9-metre long interactive model of the railway line.
- Personal effects of the Prisoners of War.
- The Summary of deaths
- The Souvenir Shop
- The Coffee Shop
The Thailand-burma Railway Centre Travel Tips
- The place is very crowded on public holidays.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Thailand-burma Railway Centre
- Children : THB 60
How to Reach The Thailand-burma Railway Centre
- A 5 minute walk away from the Kanchanaburi Railway Station
- Ask the locals for directions
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kanchanaburi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kanchanaburi and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kanchanaburi include The Thailand-burma Railway Centre in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
46.27% of people start their The Thailand-burma Railway Centre visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Thailand-burma Railway Centre
84.85% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Thailand-burma Railway Centre