Are you looking for what to do in Kanchanaburi?
PLACES TO SEE
- Bridge over the River Kwai: An iron bridge built as a part of notorious death railway, and a must-visit place on your itinerary planners.
- Chongkai War Cemetery: A cemetery of British and Dutch soldiers, located two kilometres away from the town.
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery: The place where more than 7000 people who died during the construction of Death Railway are buried. It is one of the important places to visit in Kanchanaburi.
- World War II Museum and Art Gallery: A museum with exhibits and artefacts from the Second World War.
- Erawan Falls: A spectacular 7-tiered waterfall located a little away from the town of Kanchanaburi, at the Erawan National Park.
- Hellfire Pass: Also known as Konyu Cutting, it is a pass created by cutting and blasting, as a part of Death Railway construction.
- Wat Pa Luang Ta Bua: One of the most important tourist attractions, this is popularly known as The Tiger Temple. The entry to this temple ranges from 600 to 5000 baht based on the kind of interactions with Tigers.
- Srinakarind National Park: A place with beautiful reservoirs, waterfalls and other interesting sights.
- Taweechai Elephant Camp: The largest elephant camp in town with about thirty elephants. There are various things to do in the camp like elephant rides, bathing with elephants, etc.
Tourism Authority of Thailand at Kanchanaburi helps the tourists with brochures and other travel-related information.
- Elephant's World - Day Tour: A day with elephants and fun-filled activities. 90/9 Moo 4, Baan Nong Hoi | Wang Dong, Kanchanaburi 71190, Thailand
- Safarine Tours Kanchanaburi: Private nature tours with experienced travel guides. 20/5 Moo 4, Sayok Road | Nongbua, Kanchanaburi 71000, Thailand.
- Tiger Temple Thailand Tour: Once in a lifetime experience with the Tigers. Kanchanaburi, Thailand.
- Thailand Attraction Tours - Private Day Tours: Private tours of the various attractions in the town with a well-informed and friendly tour guide.
- Mellow Trek - Tour and Adventure Day Trips: Personalized trekking and Jungle tours of Kanchanaburi province. 295/9 Maenamkwai Rd, Thamakham, Kanchanaburi 71000, Thailand
- Tiger Temple and River Kwai Tour: Visits to the Tiger temple and River Kwai. Kanchanaburi, Thailand.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kanchanaburi and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kanchanaburi getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kanchanaburi with confidence.