If you have not yet visited Kandy, you should. It is a well-known destination where tourists flock in every year. You will find a rich history here. The word Kandy was derived from the word ‘Kanda’ and it means hill. This is a commercial city that is bustling with life. Thousands of dancers and drummers take to the streets with ornamented elephants.
Essential travel information and Kandy tips for your visit
- The climate is always in the mind range so, wear comfortable clothing and avoid suits or full covers ups. Usually very casual wear is recommended
- After 7 PM it is advisable to venture with a guide as the street signs etc can be confusing and you may get lost.
- Some places may require you to remove shoes for entry. Have a small bag so that you can put your shoes inside the bag and carry in
- Avoid eating and cut up fruits from vendors. If you really need to buy uncut fruits and ask the vendor to cut it in front of you. Avoid eating open door vendor foods and also way carry a good water bottle around.
- Traffic can be scary so you much stick to the usual cross over points when crossing the roads.
- Monkey can be a real nuisance around certain areas so don’t feed them or pet them.
Kandy Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Kandy. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Kandy trip planner.