Kandy Lake4540 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 72 Sangaraja Mawatha, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Lake
This beautiful water reservoir is the heart of the Kandy city and the scenic ecosystem around it enhances its presence. Initially believed to serve as a personal Harem for the king Sri Wickrama Rajasinha, the lake has many folktales around it. The lake is said to be connected to the royal by a secret tunnel.
The fortress-style parapet around the perimeter of the lake was a British addition and it is a pleasant spot to just breathe and observe the peaceful beauty of the hill station.
Kandy Lake Travel Tips
- Women solo travelers should take extra precaution for safety.
- The track around the lake is perfect for a run or a jog in the evening.
How to Reach Kandy Lake
- You can hire a three-wheeler which is called a tuk-tuk. Walking is also recommended as all the attractions are close to each other.
- Flower Song Restaurant
- The Bake House
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kandy before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kandy and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kandy include Kandy Lake in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
27.32% of people start their Kandy Lake visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kandy Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kandy Lake