Knuckles Mountain Range2213 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Knuckles forest reserve, Kandy, Sri lanka
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Adventure, Rock Climbing, Unesco Site
This UNESCO world heritage site is characterized by its striking landscapes often robed in thick layers of cloud but in addition to its aesthetic value the range is of great scientific interest. The large diversity of flora and fauna is striking and appealing and shows the natural heritage of the country.
The adventure activities like mountain biking, rock climbing and caving and pot holing are also available. These can be arranged or conducted by various companies in Kandy. The Wagomuwa and Maduru Oya National Parks, Sorabora Lake, Rathna Ella Waterfall, Victoria Reservoir and Sanctuary, Vaddha the aborigine village are easily accessible from the mountain range.
This hotspot of biodiversity is a must visit. It is ideal for a hike and camping is also a good idea.
Knuckles Mountain Range Travel Tips
- Put on your hiking outfits and shoes while visiting the range. If camping, do carry all the camping gear required to have fun on your stay.
- You can take a guide or book a camp/hike.
How to Reach Knuckles Mountain Range
- You can hire a taxi or rent a drive yourself car from the main city to get here.
- Green terrace villa
- Madulkelle Tea
- Eco Lodge
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kandy before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kandy and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.34% of people who visit Kandy include Knuckles Mountain Range in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
31.82% of people start their Knuckles Mountain Range visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Knuckles Mountain Range
94.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Knuckles Mountain Range