Natha Devales3630 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Temple Square 20000, Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 9481-2222608
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple
The oldest building in Kandy, Natha Devale dates back o the 14th century. This is a double shrine and is a place of pious importance to the locals. The alluring porch pinnacle, the jakatas, beautiful room drums and the pavilions with reclining Buddha make this place worth visiting.
This bustling temple is a mark of unification of two religions Buddhism and Hinduism. The Hindu God Vishnu has his own shrine n the temple as he was considered to be the protector of Buddhism.
It is considered to be the structure prior even to the historical tooth relic’s entrance in the country.
The annual Natha Devale procession is of immense importance and is worth watching.
Natha Devales Travel Tips
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
- It is best to be full clad while visiting the shrine.
- Remove your footwear before entering but it is advisable to wear the socks so as to avoid your feet from burning.
How to Reach Natha Devales
- You can hire a three-wheeler which is called a tuk-tuk. Walking is also recommended as all the attractions are close to each other.
- Flower Song Restaurant
- The Bake House
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kandy before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kandy and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kandy include Natha Devales in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
24.41% of people start their Natha Devales visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Natha Devales
50.11% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Natha Devales
People normally club together Temple Of Sacred Tooth Relic Or Sri Dalada Maligawa and Udawattakelle Sanctury while planning their visit to Natha Devales.