Royal PalaceCurrently Open
- Address: 15 Raja Veediya, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka Map
- Tags: Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids
The Royal Palace of Kandy dates back to circa 1634 when it was used to be the residence of the monarch of Kandy and his family till 1800’s. Also known as Mahaswala, the palace complex comprised of the King’s Palace, Queen’s Palace, King’s Harem Quarters, Queen’s Bathing Pavilion, Temple of the Tooth and the Royal Audience Hall. The Raja Wasala on the northern end features a large hall decorated with terracotta and stucco works and a long verandah. The open parkland of Maha Maluwa boasts of containing various statues of the Royal members and the national hero Keppetipola. The Magul Maduwa with its 32 columns on two pillars, Wadahindina Mandappe, Ran Ayuda Maduwa and the Palle Vahale are other attractions of Royal Palace.
How to Reach Royal Palace
- Buses to stop - Maligawa Bus Stop
- Buses to stop - Dialog Bus Stop
- Royal Palace Address: 15 Raja Veediya, Kandy 20000, Sri Lanka
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.36% of people who visit Kandy include Royal Palace in their plan
95% of people start their Royal Palace visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Royal Palace
People normally also visit Natha Devales while planning their trip to Royal Palace.