Tea Museum2892 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hantana, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: 9470-2803204
- Ticket Price: 650 LKR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
An essential stop on any Sri Lankan tea tour, this museum occupies the 1925-vintage Hanthana Tea Factory, 4km south of Kandy on the Hanthana road. Abandoned for over a decade, it was refurbished by the Sri Lanka Tea Board and the Planters’ Association of Sri Lanka.
The Ceylon Tea Museum at Hantane, three kilometres from Kandy city is served by a motorable road that circles the museum tourist coaches. This four storeyed museum consists exhibits very old items of machinery used in tea brewing, a library and an auditorium with facilities for audio visual presentations. The third floor is allocated to tea sales outlets, where a selection of Sri Lanka's fine tea is available.
A panoramic view of the Kandy town surrounded by the beautiful Hunasgiriya, Knuckles Range and the Matale range of hills can be viewed through a telescope mounted on the fourth floor.
The grounds surrounding the Tea Museum are to be landscaped with different varieties of teas. Kandy is a mandatory stop virtually on every tourist's itinerary and the location of the Ceylon Tea Museum at Hantane enhances the attraction of the hill country to visitors.
Tea Museum Travel Tips
- The museum has facilities like Ample Parking for cars and coaches, Restaurant, lifts and washrooms.
- Guides for the tour are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tea Museum
- The students have a concession in the entry fee.
Tea Museum Hours
- The museum may close prior to the official time so it is the best to be here before 3.00 pm.
How to Reach Tea Museum
- You can hire a three-wheeler which is called a tuk-tuk. Walking is also recommended as all the attractions are close to each other.
- Palm Garden Guest House- buffet.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kandy before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kandy and book an accommodation of your choice.
89.31% of people who visit Kandy include Tea Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
39.8% of people start their Tea Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Tea Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tea Museum