Temple Of Sacred Tooth Relic Or Sri Dalada Maligawa5211 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Palace Square, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 05:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: 81-2234226
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Temple of the Scared Tooth Relic constitutes the premier Buddhist Institution of Sri Lanka and remains the cynosure of the world Buddhist and is a great tourist attraction. It is a UNESCO world heritage site and has been a political epicenter since centuries. The temple claims to enclose the tooth of Lord Buddha after his cremation In India.
There are a number of structures and monuments in and around Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Tooth building complex like Mahawahalkada (The main entrance), Moat, Pattirippuwa (Octagon), Handun kunama, Golden canopy, New Palace, Royal Palace of Kandy, National Museum of Kandy, Old courts building, Kandy Lake, Biso ulpen ge (Queens bath), Diyathilaka mandapaya and the Udawatta Kele Sanctuary.
The annual pageant (Esala Perahera) constitutes the greatest religious festival of Sri Lanka which attracts thousands of pilgrims as well as tourists from all over the world.
The UNESCO heritage site of the Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic set at the prime of Sri Lanka is constantly buzzing with tourists. If you are on a lookout to buy tickets for the Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic, you will find none and the tickets for the Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic listed in the tours section come with a guided tour. While the Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic tickets are free, booking tickets for Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic along with a guide comes with a nominal price but offers you an amazing experience complete with information. Go through the Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic ticket prices before booking.
Temple Of Sacred Tooth Relic Or Sri Dalada Maligawa Travel Tips
- Online ticket booking is available.
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
- It is best to be full clad while visiting the shrine.
- Remove your footwear before entering but it is advisable to wear the socks so as to avoid your feet from burning.
- Rituals are performed thrice during the entire day, at dawn, at noon and at evenings which are worth observing.
How to Reach Temple Of Sacred Tooth Relic Or Sri Dalada Maligawa
- You can hire a three-wheeler which is called a tuk-tuk. Walking is also recommended as all the attractions are close to each other.
- Flower Song Restaurant
- Senani restaurant
- KFC-chicken wings
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kandy before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kandy and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kandy include Temple Of Sacred Tooth Relic Or Sri Dalada Maligawa in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
30.04% of people start their Temple Of Sacred Tooth Relic Or Sri Dalada Maligawa visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Temple Of Sacred Tooth Relic Or Sri Dalada Maligawa
62.53% of people prefer walking in order to reach Temple Of Sacred Tooth Relic Or Sri Dalada Maligawa