Cape Borda LightstationCurrently Open
- Address: 10145 Playford Highway | Flinders Chase National Park, Kangaroo Island, South Australia, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-885534465
- Ticket Price: 16 AUD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Light House, Hiking Trail, Cemetery, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Cape Borda Lightstation - Review
This lighthouse structure is reminiscent of the previous times when travelling was done in the open seas by sail. The monument is the symbol of isolation and hardship that the sailors had to suffer during their voyages. Built in 1958, this lighthouse is styled in European fashion. If you further wish to know the history of this structure, you can take a guided tour. There is a tour at 12:30 pm daily that openly fires the canon in order to let the visitors know the past when warning signal to ships were passed through this measure in times of danger. Other highlights include:
- The museum where you can read the diaries of early Lighthouse Keepers.
- The nearby Lighthouse Keeper's Cemetery at Harvey's Return.
- Facilities include picnic areas with sheltered gas barbecues and there are a number of walks available nearby, including the Cliff Top Hike.
Cape Borda Lightstation Ticket Prices
- Concession:$ 12.50
- Child:$ 9.50
- Family (2 adults & 2 children OR 1 adult and 3 children): $ 41.00
- Self guided (per person): $ 3.00
- School group (per person): $ 9.00
- Adult group (per adult, min 10 people): $ 13.50
Cape Borda Lightstation Opening and Closing Hours
- For various guided tours, check the website.
How To reach Cape Borda Lightstation by Public Transport
- From Cape Jervis by car ferry then via Playford and West End hwys or via South Coast Rd, 110km west of Kingscote.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kangaroo Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kangaroo Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cape Borda Lightstation
95% of people who visit Kangaroo Island include Cape Borda Lightstation in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
45.23% of people start their Cape Borda Lightstation visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cape Borda Lightstation
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cape Borda Lightstation