Flinders Chase National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: S Coast Rd, Flinders Chase SA 5223, Australia, Kangaroo Island
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-885534450
- Ticket Price: 11 AUD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, National Park, Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
Australia is world known for offering exquisite wild life experiences. Flinders Chase Park in Kangaroo Island offers you one such landscape where you can enter to have a rendezvous with the animal creatures and the vignettes of nature. Special features of this terrain are:
- The wind-sculpted rock formations known as Remarkable Rocks
- The Admirals Arch, a perfect sweep of rock under which the surf pounds
- The beautiful beach at West Bay
- The walk to the mouth of the Rocky River
- You can also stay at the cottages in Cape du Couedic or Cape Borda lighthouses
You can make a visit to this national park or can also decide to stay overnight here so as to experience the varied colors of nature during the different phases of a day.
- Wood fires and solid fuel fires are prohibited throughout the year.
- Gas fires are permitted other than on days of total fire ban.
- Those hiking and/or camping in remote areas of Flinders Chase National Park are required to read the Flinders.
- Chase Coastal Trek information sheet and complete a trip intentions form. Please contact the park for more information.
- This park may be closed on days of extreme fire danger.
- Child: $ 6.00
- Family (2 adults & 2 children OR 1 adult & 3 children): $ 28.00
- Family (2 adults & 2 children OR 1 adult & 3 children) - 2 day pass: $ 42.00
- School group (per student, no min people): $ 5.00
- The Flinders Chase Visitor Centre is open 9am-5pm daily (except Christmas Day).
- From Cape Jervis by car ferry then via Playford and West End hwys or via South Coast Rd.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kangaroo Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kangaroo Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kangaroo Island include Flinders Chase National Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
87.5% of people start their Flinders Chase National Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Flinders Chase National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Flinders Chase National Park
Flinders Chase is such a beautiful part of Australia. The café in the visitor's centre is great for a quick bite on the run, and the park staff are extremely helpful. Be sure to take the heritage trail path right next to Mays cottage, as we spotted 5 koalas in the trees there. We stayed in that accommodation for a night and loved every second of it because it was clean, spacious, had many games and a large kitchen, and we were able to enjoy the wildlife right outside of our doorstep. Limited cell reception outside of the visitor centre, but you'll be enjoying the beauty around you too much to notice. Admiral's Arch and the Remarkable Rocks are also a must-see. Keep and eye out for seals around the arch! Both locations are short walks, with the rocks having a restroom along the path.
Admirals Arc, worth seeing. Amazing views and amazing wildlife... Best place for Camping... Atleast visit once... Would like to visit again..
Although you need to pay to get in to the park - it's been wonderful to see the untamed beauty in Kangaroo Island. Beautifully green atm.
Flinders Chase National Park is simply incredible. The roads and facilities throughout the park are top notch and well maintained. Staff at the visitor and interpretive centre are friendly and knowledgeable. Keep watch for a variety of animals throughout the park.
Beautiful place. Awesome sights, good facilities, many wheel chair accessible. Great camp ground, heaps of animals. Don't be a dill though, don't feed the animals! Sketchy phone reception.