Flinders Chase National Park, Kangaroo Island
About Flinders Chase National Park, Kangaroo Island
Flinders Chase National Park, Kangaroo Island - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: S Coast Rd, Flinders Chase SA 5223, Australia
Ticket Price: 11 AUD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.7K times in trip plans
Beach, National Park, Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Australia is world known for offering exquisite wild life experiences. Flinders Chase Park in Kangaroo Island offers you one such landscape where you can enter to have a rendezvous with the animal creatures and the vignettes of nature. Special features of this terrain are:
- The wind-sculpted rock formations known as Remarkable Rocks
- The Admirals Arch, a perfect sweep of rock under which the surf pounds
- The beautiful beach at West Bay
- The walk to the mouth of the Rocky River
- You can also stay at the cottages in Cape du Couedic or Cape Borda lighthouses
You can make a visit to this national park or can also decide to stay overnight here so as to experience the varied colors of nature during the different phases of a day.
Flinders Chase National Park Information
- Wood fires and solid fuel fires are prohibited throughout the year.
- Gas fires are permitted other than on days of total fire ban.
- Those hiking and/or camping in remote areas of Flinders Chase National Park are required to read the Flinders.
- Chase Coastal Trek information sheet and complete a trip intentions form. Please contact the park for more information.
- This park may be closed on days of extreme fire danger.
Flinders Chase National Park Ticket Prices
- Child: $ 6.00
- Family (2 adults & 2 children OR 1 adult & 3 children): $ 28.00
- Family (2 adults & 2 children OR 1 adult & 3 children) - 2 day pass: $ 42.00
- School group (per student, no min people): $ 5.00
Flinders Chase National Park Opening and Closing Hours
- The Flinders Chase Visitor Centre is open 9am-5pm daily (except Christmas Day).
How To reach Flinders Chase National Park by Public Transport
- From Cape Jervis by car ferry then via Playford and West End hwys or via South Coast Rd.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kangaroo Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kangaroo Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
Flinders Chase National Park, Kangaroo Island Reviews - Write a Review
Amazing place ... good food ... great souvenirs ... friendly efficient staff ... walking trail ... access to many tourist destinations. We return often.
The visitors center has plenty of information, souvenirs and a great cafe for lunch of coffee, we were lucky to spot 3 koalas in 1 tree in the car park.
Amazeballs! Roads well kept. Loads of wildlife. Be prepared, though, it’s pretty wild.
Having just completed the walk I found it very well set out with excellent facilities and a variety of track surfaces. Beware of all the limestone on the coastal sections. They are very rough on the feet with some ankle busting potholes as well. Loved all the wildlife and plants and amazing coastal scenery, especially when the seas are running 5-6 mtrs. Highly recommend it, but need to be prepared for all types of weather.
Loved the scenery and location, would have given it 5 stars if not for the extremely strong wind at the Admirals Arch, it's not the fault of the location and just the weather, but the wind was a bit too strong for me.
- Nearby Attractions
- Cape Jervis
- Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park
- Kangaroo Island Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kangaroo Island
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kangaroo Island
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kangaroo Island
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kangaroo Island
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kangaroo Island
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kangaroo Island