Flinders Chase National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: S Coast Rd, Flinders Chase SA 5223, Australia, Kangaroo Island
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-885534450
- Ticket Price: 11 AUD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, National Park, Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
Australia is world known for offering exquisite wild life experiences. Flinders Chase Park in Kangaroo Island offers you one such landscape where you can enter to have a rendezvous with the animal creatures and the vignettes of nature. Special features of this terrain are:
- The wind-sculpted rock formations known as Remarkable Rocks
- The Admirals Arch, a perfect sweep of rock under which the surf pounds
- The beautiful beach at West Bay
- The walk to the mouth of the Rocky River
- You can also stay at the cottages in Cape du Couedic or Cape Borda lighthouses
You can make a visit to this national park or can also decide to stay overnight here so as to experience the varied colors of nature during the different phases of a day.
- Wood fires and solid fuel fires are prohibited throughout the year.
- Gas fires are permitted other than on days of total fire ban.
- Those hiking and/or camping in remote areas of Flinders Chase National Park are required to read the Flinders.
- Chase Coastal Trek information sheet and complete a trip intentions form. Please contact the park for more information.
- This park may be closed on days of extreme fire danger.
- Child: $ 6.00
- Family (2 adults & 2 children OR 1 adult & 3 children): $ 28.00
- Family (2 adults & 2 children OR 1 adult & 3 children) - 2 day pass: $ 42.00
- School group (per student, no min people): $ 5.00
- The Flinders Chase Visitor Centre is open 9am-5pm daily (except Christmas Day).
- From Cape Jervis by car ferry then via Playford and West End hwys or via South Coast Rd.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kangaroo Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kangaroo Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kangaroo Island include Flinders Chase National Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
87.5% of people start their Flinders Chase National Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Flinders Chase National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Flinders Chase National Park
It was magnificent, the views were incredible. K.I. is such a beautiful place to visit. The board walk to admirals arch was really well done. Would have loved to have spent more time there
This is always a great place to visit. I have been here 4 times over the last 20 years and I'm not over the place yet. Nice walks, lots of walks and lots of interesting spots to visit.
What an amazing place. Animals EVERYWHERE, so a heads up to anyone in a rush - go slow, or don't go, or you WILL hit something (and there is never a good excuse for that). The park centre provides detailed information on the flora and fauna of Kangaroo Island, why it's different, what you will see and what is now extinct and why. A treasure trove of experiential displays that all will enjoy from 2 yr old to 90 yr olds. There is a cafe, as well as a souvenir shop that sells much needed raincoats at affordable prices. I recommend allowing 40 minutes for your visit to the information centre, as there is much to see!
Great meals, reasonably priced considering the location. Staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Park was awesome!
It is a very good place to relax. I really like that place very much. It is a great place for enjoyment. #park #happy #nice #good #great #fun #enjoyment #run #jogging #exercise #kids #adults #jolly #fantastic #maps #google #localguides #googlemaps #contributions #park #hashtag