Flinders Chase National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: S Coast Rd, Flinders Chase SA 5223, Australia, Kangaroo Island
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-885534450
- Ticket Price: 11 AUD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, National Park, Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
Flinders Chase National Park - Review
Australia is world known for offering exquisite wild life experiences. Flinders Chase Park in Kangaroo Island offers you one such landscape where you can enter to have a rendezvous with the animal creatures and the vignettes of nature. Special features of this terrain are:
- The wind-sculpted rock formations known as Remarkable Rocks
- The Admirals Arch, a perfect sweep of rock under which the surf pounds
- The beautiful beach at West Bay
- The walk to the mouth of the Rocky River
- You can also stay at the cottages in Cape du Couedic or Cape Borda lighthouses
You can make a visit to this national park or can also decide to stay overnight here so as to experience the varied colors of nature during the different phases of a day.
Flinders Chase National Park Information
- Wood fires and solid fuel fires are prohibited throughout the year.
- Gas fires are permitted other than on days of total fire ban.
- Those hiking and/or camping in remote areas of Flinders Chase National Park are required to read the Flinders.
- Chase Coastal Trek information sheet and complete a trip intentions form. Please contact the park for more information.
- This park may be closed on days of extreme fire danger.
Flinders Chase National Park Ticket Prices
- Child: $ 6.00
- Family (2 adults & 2 children OR 1 adult & 3 children): $ 28.00
- Family (2 adults & 2 children OR 1 adult & 3 children) - 2 day pass: $ 42.00
- School group (per student, no min people): $ 5.00
Flinders Chase National Park Opening and Closing Hours
- The Flinders Chase Visitor Centre is open 9am-5pm daily (except Christmas Day).
How To reach Flinders Chase National Park by Public Transport
- From Cape Jervis by car ferry then via Playford and West End hwys or via South Coast Rd.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kangaroo Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kangaroo Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Flinders Chase National Park
95% of people who visit Kangaroo Island include Flinders Chase National Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
84.07% of people start their Flinders Chase National Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Flinders Chase National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Flinders Chase National Park
Flinders Chase National Park Map
Flinders Chase National Park Trips
1 View6 Days 5 Nights6 Day Trip to Kangaroo Island from Montigny-sur-loing
Flinders Chase National Park, Kangaroo Island Reviews
Flinders Chase is such a beautiful part of Australia. The café in the visitor's centre is great for a quick bite on the run, and the park staff are extremely helpful. Be sure to take the heritage trail path right next to Mays cottage, as we spotted 5 koalas in the trees there. We stayed in that accommodation for a night and loved every second of it because it was clean, spacious, had many games and a large kitchen, and we were able to enjoy the wildlife right outside of our doorstep. Limited cell reception outside of the visitor centre, but you'll be enjoying the beauty around you too much to notice. Admiral's Arch and the Remarkable Rocks are also a must-see. Keep and eye out for seals around the arch! Both locations are short walks, with the rocks having a restroom along the path.
Beautiful place. Awesome sights, good facilities, many wheel chair accessible. Great camp ground, heaps of animals. Don't be a dill though, don't feed the animals! Sketchy phone reception.
Some awesome places to see. Love Admiral Arch!!! The view and all the seals with the sun setting was amazing. Didn't see the platypus in the watering hole but had a ball getting there and finding our way back in the dark. Stayed at the rocky river camp in camp 16 as recommended at the information centre and the lady did not steer us wrong. Such a lovely site!!
The Remarkable Rocks are truly, well, Remarkable! Amazing part of the world. Great cafe at the visitor info Centre also.
Flinders Chase National Park (formerly Flinders Chase) is a protected area in the Australian state of South Australia located at the west end of Kangaroo Island about 177 kilometres (110 miles) west-south west of the state capital of Adelaide and 110 kilometres (68 miles) west of the municipal seat of Kingscote. It is a sanctuary for endangered species and home to a few geological phenomena. It was the second national park to be declared in South Australia.
All QuestionsFlinders chase national park
- SV Stixneusiedl-Gallbrunn
- Terrassencamping - Schloßberg Itter
- Fly 2 Tandemflight
- Rita-Maria Ager
- Union Sportclub Itter Jakob Laiminger
- Schloss Itter
- Bad Reith
- Gemeindeamt Alpbach
- Alpbacher Bergbauernmuseum
- Gemeindebücherei Alpbach
- Vokal Ensemble Kärnten
- Casinos Austria AG - Casino Salzburg
- Gasthof - Kegelbahnen Haimbucher