How to Reach Kangaroo Island - The Easiest Way to Reach Kangaroo Island
- By Air: Regional express operates Flights into the Island from Adelaide. But be sure to check the timetables before you book tickets as they may be cancelled sometimes.
- By Boat: Ferries are the best way to reach Kangaroo Island from mainland Australia. Sealink operates ferry services from Cape Jervis to Penneshaw and usually cost around $49 to $98. These ferries carry cars and passengers; and have a small café on board to help you with snacks and light meals.
- By Foot: The small towns within the island can be easily explored on foot.
- By Car: Cars are the best way to get around different places to visit in the island. But be sure to fill in the fuel as there are very few gas stations available, and they will be closed before 6 pm.
- By Rental Car: You can also rent cars from the airport, ferry wharf and Budget Kangaroo Island and Hertz operators in Kingscote. Check with the rental operators on mainland if they allow the cars to be taken into the island on the ferry before you hire them.
- By Transfer: Smart car and KI transfers arrange for your transfers anywhere in the island.
- By Bus: A shuttlebus run by Sealink connects Kingscote, American River and Penneshaw. It is necessary to book prior your journey. Also, KI transfers operates a shuttlebus services from the airport to different areas of the island.
Are you looking for a Kangaroo Island travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Kangaroo Island from Nearby Cities
|Seacliff to Kangaroo Island||157.83 km||2 hours 37 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Kangaroo Island
- How to reach Penneshaw
- How to reach Kingscote
- How to reach American River
- How to reach Victor Harbor - Goolwa
- How to reach Goolwa
- How to reach Christmas Tree Farm Chandlers Hill
- How to reach Grange Hotel
- How to reach Adelaide
- How to reach North Adelaide
- How to reach Sydney
- How to reach Melbourne
- How to reach Geelong
- How to reach Perth
- How to reach Surfers Paradise
- How to reach Gold Coast