Are you looking for what to do in Kangaroo Island?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
- Wildlife: The most important part of Kangaroo Island’s sightseeing is its wildlife. The Island is full of fauna species including kangaroos, Echidnas, Koalas, Wallabies, Platypus, Penguins and New Zealand Fur Seals. These animals are protected in various national parks and reserves.
- Australian Sea Lions are at Seal Bay Conservation Park: A place where you can see the Australian Sea lions on the beach before venturing into the sea for feeding.
- Birdwatching: Murray’s Lagoon, American River, Duck Lagoon and Reeves Point offers bird watching facilities to the tourists. You can also feed the pelicans every day at 5 pm behind the KI marine centre.
- Parndana Wildlife Park: A national park where you can walk amidst and feed Kangaroos.
- Remarkable Rocks: One of the important places to see in the island, are these natural rock formations where you can climb over, under or around them.
- Cape Willoughby: A lighthouse located about 30 minutes away from Penneshaw offering a beautiful view from the top, and is a popular tourist attraction.
- Admiral’s Arch: A natural rock formed into an arch.
- Cape du Couedic Lighthouse: A light house located near the admiral’s arch.
The tourist information centre in the island is at Penneshaw, and it helps you with maps, guides and other relevant details about the island.
- Kangaroo Island Odysseys: First class eco-touring of the beaches and other places in the island with an experienced tour guide. Address: Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, South Australia 5223, Australia.
- Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari: Wonderful boat tours and marine wildlife watching experiences. Address: Christmas Cove, Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island, South Australia 5222, Australia.
- Kangaroo Island Outdoor Action: Quad bike tours with many adventures and other things to do. Address: 188 Jetty Road | Vivonne Bay, Kangaroo Island, South Australia 5223, Australia.
- Kangaroo Island Marine Adventures: Fantastic marine tours with an informative travel guide. Address: 1 Anzac Drive / Kingscote Wharf, Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, South Australia 5223, Australia.
- Kangaroo Island Hire a Guide: Day trips and sightseeing tours around the island. Address: Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, South Australia 5223, Australia.
- Island Beehive: Liguarian bee & honey factory tours. Address: 59 Playford Highway, Kingscote SA 5223, Australia, Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, South Australia 5223, Australia.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kangaroo Island and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kangaroo Island getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kangaroo Island with confidence.