Vivonne BayCurrently Open
- Address: Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, South Australia, Australia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Fishing
Beaches abound the Kangaroo Island and fill up most of its itinerary. One of the Island's most famous beaches is Vivonne Bay that was once ranked the best in all of Australia due to its unique curved shape, turquoise surfing waves, outstanding fishing, and pristine white sand. This beach is an ideal location for picnics, sunbathing, fishing and surfing, making it great for a large variety of visitors. There are certain other attractions that surround this beach. These are:
- Along the coast southwest of this bay is the Vivonne Bay Conservation Park; an 887 hectare nature reserve.
- To the east of Vivonne Bay along the coast is the Seal Bay Conservation Park, which is home to Australia's third largest sea lion colony.
- Little Sahara, which as the name suggests is a small desert. It is home to the only sand dunes on the island and is a great place for hiking, quad biking and sand boarding. It is even possible to hire a toboggan and sled down the dunes. Little Sahara is a fantastic place for the adventurist and tours can be booked right from Vivonne Bay.
Vivonne Bay Travel Tips
- Always use sunglasses while going out in sun.
How to Reach Vivonne Bay
- Taxi from Kangaroo Island centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kangaroo Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kangaroo Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Vivonne Bay Address: Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, South Australia, Australia
- Vivonne Bay Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Vivonne Bay(preferred time): 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Vivonne Bay: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
38.82% of people who visit Kangaroo Island include Vivonne Bay in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
54.29% of people start their Vivonne Bay visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Vivonne Bay
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vivonne Bay
People normally club together Seal Bay Conservation Park and Seal Bay Conservation Park while planning their visit to Vivonne Bay.