Kanggui, also known as Kangpokpi, is one of the principal towns of Sadar Hills under Sadar Hills Autonomous District Council in the Indian state of Manipur. The town is well connected with the state capital Imphal through National Highway-39 and it also connect Tamenglong district through Imphal Tamenglong road (IT road) and Zero milestone of IT road is at Kanggui . Kanggui is mainly inhabited by the Thadous with a fraction of Nepalis migrated and settled there mostly for trade and related activities. There is also a group of people from states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh and some of the families had migrated even before second world war to start their own business. Most of the groceries stores and other small businesses are owned by these group of people. Kanggui is a full-fledged township with all sorts of amenities and facilities available for daily needs. Thadou-Kuki is the main language spoken in this beautiful town. Kanggui has one government and another private hospital with approximately 20 schools with two high schools offering computer education. It has two colleges- Kanggui College and Manipur Theological College. The town banks with the State Bank of India with an ATM and Manipur State Cooperative Bank with two registered NBFC's offering financial services to its inhabitants. It has a police station under the supervision of the Additional Superintendent of Police. Kanggui also has a sports complex. The major newspaper of the town is Eimi Times. Jingvalpa a monthly magazine in Thadou-Kuki is printed in Kanggui. The town has various cable operators offering quality service and giving live telecast on incidents occurring in the town such as events, festivals and accidents. The people of the township also has mobile news service facility that ensures better connectivity and effective spreading of information. Kanggui also has an Internet facilities provided by BSNL. Kanggui is a major trading centre for agriculture products originated from IT(Imphal-Tamenglong) Road from where it gets transported to the rest of the state. Recently many new complexes have come up and old ones upgraded thus surprising to see the town developing at a faster pace than ever imagined. The town is booming despite minimal assistance from the state government. Kanggui also boasts of large music production. The administration of Kanggui rest in the hands of following offices/leaders:- 1.
* The Additional Deputy Commissioner (General responsibilities) 2.
* The Chairman/Secretary, Sadar Hills Autonomous District Council (Social responsibility) 3.
* The Additional Superintendent of Police/Officer in charge/ The Commander, Assam Rifles (law and order) 4.
* The Chairman/Secretary/Members (elected) of KangguiTown Committee (local responsibility) 5.
* The Kangpokpi Youth Union, Kangpokpi Women Welfare Uniion, Sadar Hills Women Union, Mothers Union (Kanggui area), Kuki Inpi, Kanggui Churches, K.S.O (Sadar Hills), social organisation and Mrs. Nemcha Kipgen, MLA Kanggui constituency. The town is in news recently for being the epicentre of the demand to upgrade Sadar Hills Autonomous District to a full-fledged District status. The demand is spearheaded by the Sadar Hills District-hood Demand Committee (SHDDC) with the utmost support of K.S.O, Women wings, Youth wings and the Village/Town Chairman of Sadar Hills. Wikipedia
A place in India, Kangpokpi is an interesting place to visit, given its unique culture, history and character. To explore Kangpokpi, set aside 1 to 2 number of your days. You'll be coming back for more!
Explore the best travel planner for your visit to Kangpokpi and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!