Kanha National Park, KanhaCurrently Closed
- Address: Madhya Pradesh 481111, Kanha, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-7642250760
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, National Park, Family And Kids
About Kanha National Park, Kanha
The Kanha National park is a popular Tiger Reserve. This is the phenomena that inspired Rudyard Kipling to pen the iconic book ‘The Jungle Book.’ The lush sal and bamboo forests, grassy meadows and ravines will make you feel like a part of the books narration. The park has been credited to savethe rare hardground Swamp Deer (Barasingha), from near extinction. The Bamni Dadar is another popular draw of Kanha National Park. This is one place that will make you feel like a part of wilderness, being amidst dense forests and literally into the wild. The vents and festivals at the national park, make this place even more interesting.
Kanha National Park Information
- Visiting during one of the events or festivals will give you good insights of the park’s culture and ecosystem.
- Buy local handicrafts.
- Try the different safaris, elephant being the most popular.
Kanha National Park Ticket Prices
- Entry fee for a jeep of Indians only-Premium zone-2030/ rupees, Non-premium-1370/ rupees.
- Entry fee for a jeep with at least one foreigner-Premium zone-4010/ rupees, Non-premium 2690/rupees.
- Above Rates are from Entry Gate.
- Student groups entry fees can be made 50% on special request to the field director office in advance.
How To reach Kanha National Park by Public Transport
- Regular buses from close by Jabalpur available.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kanha before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kanha and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kanha National Park
95% of people who visit Kanha include Kanha National Park in their plan
75.26% of people start their Kanha National Park visit around 10 AM
7 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 7 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Kanha National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kanha National Park
People normally also visit Kanha Kisli National Park while planning their trip to Kanha National Park.