How to Reach Kannur
- By Air: The Kannur International Airport is currently under construction and is set to start operations in 2015. The international airport of Kozhikode and the airport of Mangalore are the nearest airports.
- By Train: Kannur is well connected by rail to all major cities in India like Chennai, Bangalore, Kochi, Mumbai etc.
- By Bus: One would find regular buses to Kannur from Mumbai, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Mangalore and other nearby cities.
- By Bus: The Local bus system is the cheapest mode to travel within Kannur.
- By Car: One can rent a car from the various car rental agencies in the city.
- By Taxi: One can also avail the local taxis at fairly reasonable rates.
- By Auto-Rickshaw: The Rickshaw (an Indian Taxi), is a three-wheeled vehicle that can accommodate three people. It is cheaper than taxis and is very convenient to travel within the city. Unlike most Indian cities, Kannur rickshaw drivers have reputation for being very honest in their dealings.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kannur. The most preferred mode of transport in Kannur is Walking.
Average distance: 3 km Average time: 20 min
Walking 100%Walking 20 min Overall average time for 3 kms 20 min