The Kerala Folklore Academy is a support initiative for all the folk artists in Kerala. In a world of trending fashions and growing art forms, this academy upholds its folk music and dance specialty in as much pure state as possible.
- Seeing the colorful folk costumes up close
- Witnessing a true folk performance
If you are lucky, the artists will allow you to see their make-up rituals backstage- a rare treat in itself!
Kerala Folklore Academy Travel Tips
- This one deserves a photographic tribute. Don’t forget to carry your camera to capture the artists in their true Kathakali glory!
- Call up the center to know about show timings or you can visit the official website.
How to Reach Kerala Folklore Academy
- Bus: Puthiyatheru Bus Stop
- Train: Chirakkal Railway Station
- Hire a Taxi or Rickshaw
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kannur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kannur and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.06% of people who visit Kannur include Kerala Folklore Academy in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
40% of people start their Kerala Folklore Academy visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kerala Folklore Academy
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kerala Folklore Academy
Kerala Folklore Academy Reviews & Ratings
How much money is needed for a entry passAnswer Report Abuse
The entry fee for museum: Adult: INR 20, College students: INR 10, School Students: INR 5. Camera is charged separately at INR 200Report Abuse