Tellichery FortCurrently Open
- Address: Thalassery, Behind St. John's Anglican Church, Kannur, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, War Memorial, Family And Kids, Fort, Tunnel
The Tellichery Fort was built in 1708 by the British East India Company to overlook the Malabar Coast. Playing an important role in the Anglo- Maratha war in the late 1700s, today the fort is a historic placenta into the independence era of India.
- Secret Tunnels
- Prison Cells
The fort overlooks the Arabian Sea- the perfect strategic location to be aware of intruders getting in through the waters. Enjoy a walk down the historic place while you take in the warm sea breeze and admire the intimate fort.
Tellichery Fort Travel Tips
- Do apply sunscreen and don’t forget to wear a hat if you are visiting Kannur at peak summer.
- Carry plenty of water.
How to Reach Tellichery Fort
- Bus:Old Bus Stand at Logans Road
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kannur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kannur and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.26% of people who visit Kannur include Tellichery Fort in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
52.17% of people start their Tellichery Fort visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Tellichery Fort
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tellichery Fort