Are you looking for what to do in Kannur?
- St. Angelo’s Fort: Built by Dom Francisco de Almeida, the first Portuguese Viceroy of India in the 16th century, the fort showcases Islamic art and architecture that’s been preserved by the royal family.
- Moppila Bay: Check out the Kadayali Fort and the Shree Krishna Temple here. Weather permitting, boating and fishing here is excellent.
- Dharmadam Island: A five acre island covered in coconut palm and dense bushes. It’s privately owned, and permission is needed for entry. It’s quite beautiful.
- Parassini Madappura Sree Muthappan Temple: Ancient and secular, this temple welcomes all faiths. Food and lodging are provided at very cheap reates.
- Aralam Wildlife Sanctuary: Contains much flora and fauna endemic to the Western Ghats. Spread over 55 km square. It’s best to hire a local travel guide to get around here.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kannur and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kannur getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kannur with confidence.