Arkansas River TrailCurrently Open
- Address: From 21st Street North to Galena Street on the south, Wichita, Kansas, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Biking Trail, Family And Kids
The Arkansas river trail runs for 10 miles along the Big Arkansas river covering the stretch from 21st Street North to Galena Street. The trail is lined with sculptures, covers the most scenic views of the city and also has a number of well known monuments and buildings on the way. You can find the Exploration Place, Old Cowtown museum, Westside Athletic fields, OJ Watson Park, the Keeper of the Plains sculpture, the Sedgwick country Zoo, Lawrence-Dumont Stadium, Century II Performing Arts and Convention Center, Boeing Dome Theatre and Planetarium, Herman Hill Park, S. Broadway Street Bridge, Arthur B. Sim Golf Course, Indian Hills Greenway, Kansas Sports Hall of Fame, Wichita Art Museum, Chapin Park, Botanical gardens, Riverside Park and the Veteran’s Memorial Park along the way. In a way, the trail covers the essence of the city of Wichita and is perfect if you want to explore the best of the city in only a day or two.
Bike rentals are also available for a more comfortable option but the best way to explore the trail is on foot. Don’t forget to visit the Pedestrian Bridge near the Keeper of the Plains to see the ring of fire in the evening.
Arkansas River Trail Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and wear comfortable shoes.
How to Reach Arkansas River Trail
- By Bus: 21st St And Ridge Ob
- By Taxi
- By renting a car
- You can rent a bike from Bike share ICT
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wichita before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wichita and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Arkansas River Trail Address: From 21st Street North to Galena Street on the south, Wichita, Kansas, United States
- Arkansas River Trail Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Arkansas River Trail(preferred time): 08:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Arkansas River Trail: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
15.73% of people who visit Wichita include Arkansas River Trail in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
75% of people start their Arkansas River Trail visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Arkansas River Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arkansas River Trail
People normally club together William J. Clinton Presidential Library and The Arkansas River Trail while planning their visit to Arkansas River Trail.
People also prefer to end their day with Arkansas River Trail.