The American Jazz Museum is located on the 18th and Vine Jazz District dedicated to the art of American Jazz. Various interactive exhibits and films give an insight on the Jazz and its development. The museum also hosts thousands of students, scholars, musicians and fans of the arts for over 200 performances, education programs, special exhibitions, community events. It is the sole museum in the world dedicated to the preservation of Jazz.
What to see within the museum: The Changing Gallery exhibit space, Horace M. Peterson III Visitors Centre, Blue Room jazz club and Gem Theatre.
American Jazz Museum Travel Tips
- Events and performances have variable ticket prices and hours.
Entrance Ticket Details For American Jazz Museum
American Jazz Museum Entry Fee -
- Adults: USD 10
- Seniors: USD 9
- Children: USD 6
- American Jazz Museum tickets for children 4 and under: Free
American Jazz Museum plus 18th & Vine prices -
- Adults: USD 15
- Seniors: USD 13
- Children: USD 8
American Jazz Museum Hours
American jazz museum hours -
- Tuesday - Saturday : 9 am - 6 pm
- Sunday : 12 noon - 6pm
- Monday close.
American jazz museum blue room timing
- Monday 5 pm - 11 pm
- Thursday 5 pm - 11 pm
- Friday 5 pm - 1 am
- Saturday 7 pm - 1 am
- American Jazz Museum closed on New Year's Day, Independence Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- Blue Room Exhibit is offline to museum visitors from 11am – 6pm during the annual fall festival.
- Kansas City’s 18th & Vine Jazz and Blues Festival are held on the second Saturday each October.
How to Reach American Jazz Museum
- Bus 108
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kansas City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kansas City and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.92% of people who visit Kansas City include American Jazz Museum in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
45.71% of people start their American Jazz Museum visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see American Jazz Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting American Jazz Museum